Chapter 69: In Sickness and Health

Toms p.o.v.

"Tom, why aren't you eating?"

Damn. I thought he'd forgotten about that.

I stared at my plate of food with seething hatred. I don't actually know why I wont eat anything, I just don't want to. I had told Nade about it before because I knew it wasn't exactly normal. Nade just gave me a stack of chocolate and told me to eat that, which I had no trouble eating. It's just that after I eat, it all comes back up in blood, and then I won't eat anything at all.

Vomiting blood has really been the most terrifying thing that's come out of this, aside from having to make a statement about Tom in court. I don't know why I couldn't do that either. I thought I was a brave person, able to face whatever obstacles. I had overcome the fear of facing Tom. Now my greatest fear was so stupid, I didn't want to tell Sparklez about it.

Vomiting blood and being really sick after surgery is normal, right? It's just a side affect. That's it. It's nothing to be worried about.

'Dont think that's quite true, boyo.' Dianites voice entered my head.

Shut it, and quit reading my mind. I hate when gods do that.

'Just trying to help, my apologies.'

"I dunno." One of the biggest lies ever told by me.

Sparklez sighed from behind me, and pulled out a chair from the table. He rubbed his temples and then looked up to me with a frustrated expression.

"Please just tell me. I'm tired of secrets. If you think it's unnecessary or too awful to tell me, then tell me anyway."

He placed a hand on mine, a warmness spread through me. Why was he so good at this relationship thing?

"I just don't like to eat anymore..." It was true, but he wanted more.

"And you don't like to because?"

I knew he'd make a big deal of me not eating, but I didn't want him to. I wanted to heal. I wanted to heal as fast as possible and then we'd get married and then we'd move on with life.

"It taste bad..."

"The food I made taste bad? Or every food you eat taste bad?"

"Everything I eat...it's just not good anymore. And it makes me sick. I keep puking blood...is that even normal?"

"Well...I don't know. I'd have to see what Dec and Champ had to say about it. But I know that when everything you eat taste bad, then somethings wrong. You were eating chocolate a couple days ago, did that taste bad?"

"It didn't taste bad then, but now it taste horrible. Like I'm eating plastic or something. It didn't taste bad, but when I ate Nades chocolate I got sick. I don't know what's happening to me..."

"Yeah this is bad. We might have to take you to Champs."

I groaned and banged my head on the table. I didn't want to go back and have them cut me up again. I barely survived the first time...

"Why don't you want to get better? Don't you like surviving?" His tone was sarcastic.

"I just want to marry you and stop being in this damn wheelchair. I'm tired of injuries and drama and all of this crap. I just wanna heal and make out with you all day..."

He laughed at me, and I cracked a smile. I felt his arms wrap around me. I raised up and looked into his eyes.

"You can't heal if you can't eat, you butt. It'll be a quick visit, I promise. You'll be fine. I'm sure it's nothing major." He kissed my forehead playfully, and picked my plate up from the table.