Chapter 10: My Singing Brings Strong Men To Their Knees.

"So, he's not dead?"

"No Steven, if a person is snoring it means they are definitely alive."

"Ugh...I don't freaking snore..." I rubbed my eyes as I focused on the two figures surrounding me.

"Sparkley bum! You're not dead!" I heard Steve shout.
I sat up from the table I was laying on and rubbed my eyes.
I saw Dec the priest and Steve in the room with me. Steve looking at me happily and Dec staring at a clipboard.

"Steve...what happened?"

"Ye passed out mate! Syndy was fightin off a bunch of skellies and heard you call for help! You looked dead when I saw ye mate! Syndy had to carry ye all the way back to the village!"

"You're lucky you're alive you know." Declan said in his deep voice.

"Wha? What was wrong with me?" I asked curious.

"Your lungs had a major failure. They were full of fluid."

"Fluid? What does that mean?"

"You had lots of water in your lungs. You also had food poisoning from a bad fish or an apple, I believe. The lack of oxygen was making your vision blurry and your head hurt. I'm surprised you didn't die when you blacked out, you didn't have much oxygen."

"Oh jeez...am I going to be okay?"

"As long as you get bed rest in the next couple of days. Going out to the nether was a bad idea."

I looked around the room, and I didn't see Tom.

"Steve where's Tom?"

"Uh...mate he was feeling a little guilty about the incident, so he took a walk, I believe he was heading towards his tree."

Guilty? Why did he feel guilty?

"What made him feel guilty?"

"He did feed ye the undercooked food, and drag you through an ocean of water, and persuade you to go into the nether. It was kinda his fault mate."

"Yeah but...he didn't mean it."

I looked up at Dec scribbling on his clipboard.

"I thought you were sided with the king? Why did you help me?"

"Tom was carrying you in his arms, sobbing, begging me to help you. To be honest you looked pretty dead to me, you weren't moving at all. He said he would do anything. How could I turn down that? That would just be cruel."

"But, what did the king say?"

"The king doesn't know. Andor's been distracting him all day so he doesn't walk in here and see you two. You should thank him later. Now you should probably leave, before he comes back."

"Thanks Dec...I really owe you."

"Don't thank me, thank Tom. He helped you more than anything."

Steve and I walked back to the tree as discretely as we could. We would have ran, but my stomach and head still hurt a lot and Steve wasn't gonna leave me behind.
We finally reached the tree and I walked in to find Tom. He wasn't in the kitchen. I went to his bedroom and saw him laying in bed, with the covers hiding his face. Only his spikey blue hair showing.

"Tom? Are you okay?"

He didn't turn to look at me. He didn't even move.
I got on the bed and poked him.

"Thomasss?"

He still didn't move.
I figured he was asleep, so I pulled up the covers on me and began to ready myself for sleep.
Maybe In the morning I could talk to him about the whole guilt thing.

Just as I began to drift off, I heard sniffling.

I turned around to see Tom still facing away from me.

"Tom? Are you awake?"
He finally turned around and faced me.

He looked absolutely terrible.

His face was red and eyes were puffy, wet with tears. He had obviously been crying for a while. I saw the other side of the bed covered in wadded up tissues. I saw nothing but guilt and sorrow in his eyes.

"It's all my fault." He whispered.
"You almost died and it was my fault." His voice cracked as he said it.

"Tom you can't blame yoursel-"

"IVE RUINED YOUR LIFE JORDAN! IVE NEARLY KILLED YOU FOUR TIMES! DAMN RIGHT I CAN BLAME MYSELF!" He started sobbing into his pillow.

I felt horrible.

"Tom look it's okay, I'm fine now! Don't worry about it!"

"NO ITS NOT! THERE IS SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT! IM TRYING TO PROTECT YOU AT ALL COST! DIANITE KEEPS GETTING INTO MY HEAD AT NIGHT AND I CANT SLEEP! TUCKER DOESNT EVEN WANT TO TALK TO ME ANYMORE BECAUSE HE THINKS IVE TURNED INTO DIANITE!" His sobs got louder.

"Tom calm down! Just remember all the times you saved me!"

"Like when..." He muffled miserably from the pillow.

"Like when you saved me from getting caught by the Herald!"

"So? I nearly killed you in the process..." He sniffled.

"Well, what about when you saved me from getting killed by Dianite!"

"Jordan...your girlfriend died not because of Dianite...because of me... The guilts been consuming me and the thing that happened today finally lit the fuse..."

"Tom...I forgive you for all that stuff. I did a long time ago. You need to let it go."

"I know you still miss her Jordan...you mumble her name in your sleep..."

I do?

"Why can't you sleep? You sleep perfectly when I'm around you."

"No I don't. I haven't slept at all in the last week."

"Then why do I see you sleeping?"

"Because I'm faking...god why couldn't you see that?"

I stayed silent for a minute.

'He's just hurt is all, you need to convince him you don't care about those things' my mind thought.

'Ill serenade him!'
(Yes, I'm doing this right now 😂)

Tom had faced away from me and was sobbing again. I wrapped my arm around his waist and cuddled up next to him.
He ignored me.

"What is love? Baby don't hurt mmeee don't hurt mmmeeee no more!"

He continued to ignore me.

"Never gonna give you up! Never gonna let you down!"

He still ignored me.

I got right up next to his ear.

"Now I'veee, hadddd, the time of my lifeeeeee!"

"Oh my god please stop, your voice when you sing sOUNDS LIKE NAILS ON A CHALK BOARD!!!"

He sat up and pushed me off of him, wiping the tears off his face.

"Can't I properly mope in my own depression around here?!" He said frustrated.

"No. And if you don't start cheering up, I'm gonna start singing Gloria Gaynor."

"GOD PLEASE NO OKAY FINE ILL CHEER UP JUST DONT!"
Tom got up from the bed and began to walk out the room, when I blocked the door.
"I said I'd cheer up! Leave me alone!"

I gave Tom a bear hug.

"Thank you for saving my life, five times."

After a few long moments, Tom hugged back.

"You're welcome Sparkley pants."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I know I fangirled many times while writing this cause, I am a total sucker for emotional outbreaks 😂
On another note! I'd like to thank my new follower and friend Emma, or LittleMinnesotan, whichever she prefers, for the positive feedback! Thanks so much gurl! ⛄️ But anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter! Leave a favorite if you did! Thanks!
- Lee