Chapter 64: Tom and Rosie

Darkness was the only thing I could see.

It was cold and empty, and I couldn't spot anything that showed a sign of there being anyone else here. Was this the future? Darkness? The end of time?

But then I felt warm. Brightness emitted from the dark and I squinted at the sudden light.

It was a field. A green pasture with no trees, no mountains, no fences. Just a beautiful field.
The sky was a rich blue color, and the clouds were puffy and white. Birds flew over head and tweeted happily as they did.

I smiled. So this was my future?

I thought I was alone, but then I heard laughter. A child's laughter.
What would a little kid be doing out here alone?

I walked towards the sound, trying to find the child that might be lost in this endless field.
The laughter continued, but this time with a deeper voice joining it. I started running towards the sound, I was so curious as to what this was.

Two figures danced in the distance. One tall and broad, the other short and skinny.
The tall figure picked up the smaller one and began to swing them in circles. The shorter one laughed louder, and I realized it was a girl. A little girl.

And then I recognized the other laughter. Tom.

I walked closer and the scene unraveled itself.
Tom was swinging a little girl in the air, making it seem like she was flying. He was smiling at her and laughing with her. She was laughing with her hands spread out widely at her sides.

"Higher Daddy! Higher!" She squealed as he lifted her higher in the air.

Her long wavy jet black hair trailed behind her as she flew like an angel, her yellow sundress flapping wildly in the wind.
She opened her eyes, and I gasped at the sight.

Her eyes were each different colors. One was a dark chocolate brown, the other a deep sea ocean blue.
Her unique eyes landed on me, and she showed recognition in her them.

"Poppy! Come play with us!" She yelled, her small hand waving to me.

She was my daughter. She was our daughter. Oh my god.

"Yeah dad, come play!" Tom laughed teasingly as he swung the little girl in the air.

How? She looked like us...that's impossible.

Tom sat the little girl down gently, and she ran to me. I could see her facial features more clearly, and her hair. Her hair was dyed at the bottom with a crazy neon blue color.

Just like Toms.

She had that sly smile, that smirk that he always seemed to wear. But her cheeks were rosy and her eyebrows a tad bushy, like mine. Once she finally stopped in front of me, she lifted up her arms.

"Up poppy! Up!" She giggled as she reached her small arms up to me. She had dimples in her rosy cheeks. She had Toms dimples.

Tom was alive. And we had a child. How was this all even possible?

"Sparklez? You look a little out of it." Tom walked up to the little girl and brushed her black and blue tinted hair from her cheeks while he looked at me worriedly.

The little girls eyes were worried as well when I didn't respond to her plead of being picked up. She grabbed Toms pinkie as she continued to stare at me with her brown and blue eyes.

For some reason, I felt like I needed to reassure her. "Just...thinking about something." I tried to play along like I actually knew what was happening, but I had no clue.

"Poppy, are you okay?" Her small voice asked me. I still didn't know her name.

"I'm fine..." She didn't seem convinced at my reassurance, so I tried something else. I hesitantly lifted her up, and she immediately hugged me. Her small arms wrapped around my neck, and her dark curls tickled my chin.

"I love you, Poppy." She hugged me tighter and I felt warmth. Not only from her, but from my heart.

This was real. This was my future.
She was my future.

"I-...I love you too."
She giggled at me and kissed my cheek.

"Alright Rosie, you better get off him. He might break his old man back at any moment," Tom teased.

Rosie. Her name was Rosie.

"Poppy isn't old! Stop being mean Daddy!" She protested.

"Hey, I'm just telling the truth! Come on, let's go play tag. You coming Sparkley pants?" Rosie jumped from my arms and ran to Tom, who scooped her up and carried her on his back.

"Yeah...I'll be right there." Tom nodded, and ran into the green pastures with the giggling Rosie on his back.

I can't believe it. He was alive.
And she was real.

My future was beautiful.
~~~~~~
ITS SO ADORABLE AND BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET <3

I literally teared up when writing this because it's so freaking cute and sweet and heart warming xD

So uh, I guess I must explain why I didn't post yesterday. I went to a bonfire party and I didn't get back till really really late. SORRY I LIKE TO PARTY :D

How did you guys enjoy today's purge? Tell me all about it in the comments! I'm watching it now, and so far Tuckers ahead. Again. xD

Hope you guys enjoyed this very such cute omg chapter! Leave a favorite if you did, thanks!

- Lee