Chapter 75: Nightmares and Memories of the Past

Jordan's p.o.v.

"You never told me you were afraid of the dark," I said as Tom continued to caress my hair. We shared a sleeping bag, Tom said it would help keep our body temperatures up. I had laughed when he said it. But I didn't mind at all sharing with him. He was warm and safe, just like his hoodie, which was now sprawled across the floor along with Toms other hoodie he was wearing earlier.

"Yeah well, its embarrassing. I don't mind the dark if I'm with someone, but being alone in it makes me wanna climb a freaking wall." He was whispering. I didn't really know why, but I joined him in it.

"It's not embarrassing. It's cute," I whispered. I heard him laugh.
We laid in the soft sleeping back in pure silence. I had my head on his chest, but I didn't hear a heart beat. I never did. I always assumed Toms heart didn't work but I never really asked him about it. It seemed like a touchy topic. I ran a hand down the part of his chest where his heart should've been, but felt nothing.

"Whatcha doin there?" He asked me. I hesitated for a moment. I wasn't sure if I should I ask him about how he functioned.

"Do you ever feel your heart beat anymore?" I asked him as I continued to listen at his chest.

"...no." His voice was barely audible.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"No, it's fine. I haven't heard my heart beat since I was a kid. I like listening to yours when you're asleep...sorry that sounded really creepy."

The thought of him laying down on my chest at night and listening to my heart made me feel tingly and I smiled at the feeling."That's so sweet..."

Silence was heard again in the large cave. I closed my eyes for a moment and snuggled closer into Toms bare chest. I didn't understand how a person could be so warm and not even have a pulse.

"Sparklez, do you hear that?" Tom whispered to me. I opened my eyes slightly and was met with his worried ones. I listened closely at my surroundings. I heard it.

The clanging of armor.

My heart stopped. It was coming from the higher part of the cave where Steve and the others were.

"Oh no...is it guards?" I whispered, sitting up with Tom who was trying to decipher the sounds.

"They're getting closer, come on." He grabbed my hand and pulled me from the sleeping bag.

Then the clanging stopped.

Tom stopped dead in his tracks and turned towards the opening of the cave. His eyes widened. I didn't want to look.

"SPARKLEZ RUN!" He yelled, and drew a dagger from the waist band of his pants. I turned to the sight, and saw guards. So many guards. There were too many of them, and they were all charging towards us. I tried to run, but rough hands gripped my arms and yanked me back. I watched as they took Tom and wrestled his hands behind his back. Once they succeeded, they forced him down on his knees and did the same to me. What were they going to do to us?

I watched as a single guard in lime green armor stepped from the army, and stood in front of my boyfriend.

It was guard Tom. He stared at Tom with a glare that gave me shivers. He drew a long sword from his belt and stared at it for a moment, before lifting it high above his head.

No. No this can't be happening!

Toms eyes widened in fear, before the sword was brought down. I could hear blood curdling screams, but I didn't know whose they were. But when I found myself short of breath and my vocal chords burning painfully, I knew it was me who was screaming.

Mianite: A Syndisparklez StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara