Chapter 18: The Purge Returns.

At the break of dawn the next day, I was awoken by a loud piercing noise.
I sat up rubbed my eyes and groaned. What was happening now?
I heard it again, but louder this time. I heard Tom groan beside me and complain.

"It's five in the freaking morning. What the bloody hell do they want?"

"What are you talking about? What is that noise?"

"It's a horn that Dec blows when he wants everyone to meet up. He used to do it before you came on the Mianite island but he stopped when the horn 'accidentally' was thrown into the Nether."

That means Tom probably threw it in there.

"Might as well get up," he said dreadfully. "He's not gonna stop blowing that thing until were all there."

We got dressed grabbed our gear and headed out. It wasn't even fully daylight yet so we had to deal with mobs.

Tom was fighting off an enderman when the piercing noise came again, but much much louder. I grabbed my ears and Tom did as well.

The enderman teleported away, only to teleport behind Tom.

"Tom!" He didn't hear me over the horn. The enderman knocked him upside the head and Tom fell with a loud thud on the ground.

"TOM!"

I ran over and killed the enderman. Tom laid on the ground and held his head and groaned.

"I hate that stupid horn."

I laughed and helped him up. "You okay?"

"Let's just go before there are too many mobs." He started walking in the direction of the sound and I followed behind.

I tried not to get around him when he's angry now.

We finally approached the main land and saw Dec standing in the middle of it with Tucker, Sonja, Wag, Steve, and the Dianitee crew. We never really saw them a often anymore. They usually hid in their homes underground and kept their business to theirselves.

Dec put the horn up to his lips again getting ready to blow it another time when Tom yelled at him.

"If you blow that freaking horn one more time it's gonna be melted to copper in the Nether!"

He turned to us and waved.

"My apologies Thomas. I was just trying to gather you all so you can listen to my important announcement."

"Well what is it?" Tucker asked impatiently.

"I've noticed that this land has had some...tension, in the last few days. I wanted to try a little something that might help us all. My old priest friends and I used to do this for thee exact same reason. I believe they called it, a purge?"

I looked at Tom and him at me. He smiled mischievously and looked back to Dec.

"Here is how it is going to work. I will have the wizards put a spell on the territory and there will be at least one day a week at a certain time where you will, um what do you call this, respawn? I guess that is the correct term. Anyone who kills you, won't be actually killing you. It will just be a fun game we can all play to release all of that excited energy. Let's try it now shall we? Whoever gets the most kills and least deaths will win a prize. Whoever gets the least kills and most deaths will be punished. Any questions?"

I looked around at everyone's faces. All I could see were mischievous smiles and excited eyes.

This was gonna be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~2 hours later~~~~~~~~
I laughed as I collected the loot from Sonja's grave.

"God dangit. I guess I'm out, that was all the stuff that I had." I heard her say through the communicator.