Chapter 68: The Tower Is Destroyed

Wags p.o.v.

"Please leave me alone! I cannot help what I feel!" My voice was squeaky and panicked as I ran from the enraged farmer. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die.

"SHES MY WOMAN, NOT YERS! IM TEACHING YE A LESSON BOY!" His shouts of anger weren't far behind me, I wasn't going to be able to run any longer in a few minutes.

If I could just get to my wizard tower I could use my spell book to fly away from him, but I wasn't sure if I could make it.

Damned my ability to run like a turtle.

I could see my home from a distance. Just a few more minutes, and I could get there.

"STOP YER RUNNING AND FACE ME LIKE A MAN! YE AINT GETTIN AWAY FROM ME, GIVE UP!"
His voice sounded inches away from me. I was not going to make it.

I needed strength, or some sort of energy. What did my friends do for that?
I thought of my Martha. Her smile, her radiating glow. It made me go faster.

My house was so close, but I had no idea as to what to do when I ran up the staircase. Steve would surely get me there.
I felt a hand grab the hood of my cloak. I was most definitely finished.

He tugged me back with the force of an animal, and I fell to the ground with my head making a large noise as it did.
He had pulled off my hood, and he was now grabbing the front of my cloak and jerking my face up to meet his.

His rage filled eyes stared into mine with seething hatred. A blow landed to my jaw, then my nose, then my eye. I did not fight back. I whimpered like a child through it all. I am not strong. I am weak and useless.
He hit me in the nose again, and I could feel blood trickling down it. He was going to kill me if I did not get away.

Think of Martha. She makes me strong. I thought of her nurturing voice.

'Oh Waggles...my Waggles...'

I kicked him in the groin, he hissed in pain and he let go of me. I jumped from my spot and held my throbbing nose as I ran inside my tower. But Steve did not stay down long, he chased me shortly after being kicked. I threw open the door to my home, and shut it tightly while locking it once I made it inside. I am so glad I installed my magic barrier door.
Bangs and loud sounds emitted from behind the door. I fled from the room I was in and ran to the top of the stairs to my highest room. I ran to the corner and sat there for a moment. I am such a wimp.

It was then that I remembered that my spellbook wasn't in my home. It was still at Nadeshots home, I had sat it on the table when we were interrogating guard Tom.

I hate my rotten luck.

I started to hear even louder sounds, but they were not just coming from downstairs. They were coming from everywhere.
He was destroying my home.

~

Jordan's p.o.v.

"Are you sure they ran to Waggles home?" Martha asked me worriedly as we ran towards Wags place. I had found her at cherry ridge farms, sitting in her bedroom crying. I didn't question her about it, I just told her what happened. She immediately stopped crying and cleaned herself up and we went off to search for the two.

"Positive. I don't think Wag would've went anywhere else." We approached the large wizard tower that was Wags home.
But then I saw something very very odd.

I could see Steve, standing below the tower, shooting large fireballs from his hands. He had powers?
The fireballs were landing directly at Wags house, blowing parts of the building up and catching the gates and staircase and alters below on fire. He was destroying Wags house.