Chapter 56: I Make a Ring in Under Five Minutes.

Jordan's p.o.v.

So you don't wanna say the vows..." He asked confused.

"I wanna say the vows...just in a different way...with different words...and without the promises and junk."

"...so you don't want to say the vows?" He asked again, oblivious to my lack of commitment.

I sighed. All this talk about vows and promises were making me a little uncomfortable.

"Can't we say something different? Like, I don't know, share memories or something? I really just don't wanna say all the promises..." I picked at my fingernails nervously.

"Of course. But on one condition will I let you out of the vows..." He smiled mischievously from his side of the bed.

"Oh god...what is it?" I asked regretfully.

"I get to wear a dress."

"Tom. No."

"But I wanna! Come on, if I don't get to wear the dress you have to say the vows!"

"That's not even fair, a dress is totally different from saying vows!"

"Nah they're totally the same. Pleaseeeeeee? It'll be funny," he smiled at me with a look of mischief in his eyes.

"...I'll let you wear a freaking dress, but from now on I get to decide on everything else in this wedding. Deal?"

"Deal!"

"And that means everything. Even decorations. And cake type."

"What?! Please don't tell me you're getting vanilla, it's such a sissy flavor," he complained.

"Says the guy whose wearing a dress to his gay wedding..."

"Shut up, I wanna look fab," he tossed by his invisible long hair and sighed dramatically.

A knock on the front door interrupted our thoughts and we both rushed to answer it.
Tom opened it, and Steves bright smiling face met ours.

"Ello mates! Syndy, ye got everything ready? Martha may be here any minute now," he asked Tom.

"Let's see...banner, lights, and flowers...is that all?" Tom asked.

"The ring Syndy, where'd ye put the ring?" Steve looked a little panicked.

"Relax! Sparklez and I hid it down stairs, I'll just...go get it!"

I was confused. I don't remember anything about a ring.

Tom grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from Steve, who had a suspicious look on his face.
When Tom opened up the basement and we filed down there, he told me everything.

"So...I didn't make his ring."

"What?! Tom he's about to propose to her and you don't have the ring?!"

"I forgot! I was about to go work on it last night...but then I got distracted."

"By what?!" I whispered furiously.

"By you! I didn't know you were coming home! I thought you never wanted to see me again! How could I not be distracted if you showed up at 4 am in the morning?!" He spat back.

"Why are you trying to pin this on me?!"

"Enough arguing! What are we gonna do? She's coming in at any moment!" He groaned and ran his fingers stressfully down his face and hair.

A thought came to me.
"What kind of materials do you have down here?"

"I-I don't know, copper and emeralds? Maybe some of that ruby ore and the purple crystal stuff from the end. Why?"