Chapter 15: Martha The Mystic

I didn't have any dreams that night, and I woke up fully rested and still as numb
as I was yesterday. I looked over to see if Tom was awake but he wasn't. He was sound asleep, I guess the potion had worked for him too.
He had his left arm resting on his chest and the right underneath a pillow. He probably still kept that knife under it. He still hadn't told me why, but I sorta understood.

I decided I needed to do something productive today, so I went to farmer Steve's house to find something to work on to keep myself occupied.

I walked into his ginormous house and looked around for his crafting books. I went upstairs and found his bookshelves and began searching around.

Surprisingly, I hadn't seen him today. Usually he hung around at his house or with Tom.

I looked at the middle roll of books and inspected the titles.
'Blood magic'?
No that's too time consuming, and gross. I think back to when Tucker showed me his bloody arms in result of blood magic.

I look next to that book to see a light blue one with the title, 'spectrum key'.
What the heck is a spectrum key?

I decided on getting that one.
I flipped to the first page which showed the crafting recipe. I flipped to the next page and it showed the purpose of it.

'Spectrum key: key to the spectrum dimension.
When used relocates your person into a secret room in the spectrum dimension. No other person or thing can access the room except for you.'

I had just found the perfect solution to my house problem. I just need the ingredients for the crafting recipe.

None of the items I had with me at the moment, so I had to gather them.
Toms island had none of the resources I needed so I decided it was best to head back to the main land and find them.

I felt someone poke me on the shoulder and I spun around quickly.

"Sorry to interrupt your reading, but have you seen Steve any where?" Tom asked concerned.

"Uh no. I was kinda wondering about that too."

"Hmm well maybe he just went fishing or something."

He looked down at my book and read the title.
"Spectrum key? Sounds boring."

"It's actually pretty useful, but the ingredients I need are on the main land so I might have to go there in a few minutes."

"Oh that's cool."

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds.

"Um, would you wanna come with me?"

"Sure! Let me grab my stuff and I'll be right there."

A few minutes later me and Tom were walking towards the main land. I decided to talk to him about the potion.

"So, did the potion work last night?"

"Oh yeah! It did. Did it work for you?"

"Yeah. Didn't have one dream all night."

The awkward silence returned. I think he was still upset about what I said yesterday. I was about to apologize when I heard voices.

"Oh my! You're so muscular! And your house is beautiful!" I heard a woman say.

Tom laughed,"Wow Sparklez didn't know you thought I was muscular."

"It wasn't me you doof. I don't know who that is."

We walked closer and we heard another voice and I recognized it. It was Tucker.