Chapter 20: I Look Like Crap.

Ianite paused the screen.

"Now do you understand? These people need you Jordan. You wouldn't want to leave them behind would you?"

I stared at the screen at Toms expression. It was filled with grief and guilt.
Why does he think it's his fault?

"...I don't want to lose anyone else. Everyone I meet...who follows you...they get taken away."

"Andor is very much alive Jordan. I'm sure with just a tad bit of teamwork, you all could find him."

"Don't you know where he is? Can't you tell me?"

"I cannot. But what I can do, is guide you."

I could go back and save Andor. I could defeat the king. I could be with Tom.
I sighed and leaned my head on her arm.

She smiled at me. "Tough decisions huh?"

"I think...I think I'm gonna stay here. I just can't go back. It'd be best for the rest of them," I said looking at the screen with my friends faces on them.

I heard footsteps and turned to the direction of where they were.

"Sparkles, we need to talk matey."

It was her. She looked like an angel. Her beautiful long brown hair covering one of her eyes. She wore her usual attire, her uniform, captains hat, and combat boots. She looked frustrated. She had her arms crossed and she was staring at the floor.

"O-Okay," was all I could say as I stood up and followed her out of the room.
The scene changed. We were in a forest. Trees surrounding us and the smell of nature in the air. It was peaceful.

She turned to me and stared into my eyes.
"Sparklez, I can't let ye do this. Not to Synd. Not to your friends. Why do you want to stay here?"

"So I can be with Ianite! With you! I don't have to worry about getting killed or hurting someone's feelings. I don't have to worry about anything."

"Matey, please. I know how it feels after awhile being here. Do you know how painful it can be? I can't see me brother. Me friends. I miss them so. Why do you want this? Ye have a choice. I didn't. I would go back to the world for anything, but I can't. I miss my ship, human touch. I miss everything."
Her eyes were tearing up. She put both of her hands on my shoulders.

"I know it seems...so peaceful. But ye won't feel peace when ye watch the one ye love move on. It's the most painful thing a man...or a woman...can watch. Tom needs ye. Don't leave em' like this."

She was right. I was being selfish. My friends needed me. I wasn't about to leave them behind.

"I'll go. But I gotta do something before I leave."

"And what be that?"

I held the back of her neck and leaned in. She looked into my eyes as tears streamed down her face. I pressed my lips to hers. I had missed her so much.
We broke the kiss. She closed her eyes.

"Thank ye Sparklez."

"I love you Kate." It felt weird saying her real name. But natural at the same time.

"And I you Jordan."

We reappeared in the room with the large screen.

Ianite stood up from her throne and stood up to me.

"I see you've made a decision. Are you entirely sure you want to do this?"

I looked back at Capsize. She smiled at me and nodded.

"Yes. Goodbye, my lady."

"Goodbye Jordan."

I began to feel myself fade. I turned to Capsize and waved to her. She waved back and smiled while tears fell from her cheeks.