Chapter 51: My boyfriend is on Meth?

Jordan's p.o.v

My back felt like it'd been broken in half, then crushed into tiny pieces with a sledge hammer.

I didn't sleep well. I missed Tom too much. I wanted to stay in my super uncomfortable bed all day, but I couldn't. I had to go to sword fight lessons with Andor. I got up and stretched my back. The cracks were so loud I thought I had fractured something. I groaned at the sore and stiffness.

I put my armor on and grabbed one of my swords. I didn't even bother cleaning up. I felt too awful. My neck ached and my spine felt like someone had kicked it. Andor should be down at the hill by now, waiting for me. We agreed at a certain time.

I walked out of my huge tower, the sun glowed brightly on my face. The sunrise was beautiful. I'm glad Andor had showed me this place. I flew down the hill, to the spot where we were supposed to meet.

But Andor wasn't there, a double chest was.

I hadnt put that there. He must have.
I walked to the oak chest and opened it slowly.

My heart sunk at what was inside.

Two crowns, a note, and a picture.

I took the note out first, my hands shaking lightly as I did.

"Dear Jordan,
I apologize for not alerting you that I was going tonight. But I could not bear to see your reaction if I had told you.
I cannot stand this place any longer.
Mianite is out to kill me, and I realize that after the palace crumbled and I died. The lightening that struck it had to have been him. I know you worry my safety since I had not yet taken a single lesson with you, but I assure you I will be just fine. I need not a sword to ensure my safety, but my lone boomerang and my faithful goddess.
If that is not enough, then so be it. The last moments in this town have been wonderful, all thanks to you. You have shown me true friendship and the ways of being a hero.
Please do not mourn of my absence. It is all I wish. I want you to forget I ever existed, and go about your life happily. Whether you return to your land, advance your relationship, or even manage to start...a family, then I wish you luck in all. Do not worry for me, I shall never return again. I was nuisance when I was birthed into this world, and I shall be when I leave it. Perhaps if my father had loved me and my dear sister and mother hadn't passed, it would have been different. I would have been happy. This land would have been happy.
But alas, life is not that simple.
Remember what I have asked of you, do not be bothered by my memories. Pretend I was never part in any of this. Pretend I was only a simple figment of imagination in your mind.
Thank you, Jordan.
For you have shown me what a good friend is.
Sincerely, Andor.
P.s. Tom assisted me in creating it, but I managed to print out one of the only photos we'd ever taken together. You may keep it, but I'd rather you burn it. Memories are sometimes too painful to keep."

He left. He didn't say goodbye or hug me or even hint that he was leaving soon. He just left.

I felt...betrayed. In a way.

Tears stung my eyes as I realized he was gone. I'd never see him again. This was worse than when he had died, at least then I had known where he'd went. He was walking around in the forest, no protection, no weapon, no food, all by himself.

He was as good as dead.

He told me not to mourn. How could I not?
I opened the chest and took the picture from inside. It just made the feeling all the more painful.

We were sitting at the table in Toms house, just eating breakfast. I wasn't paying any attention at the person who took it, who was most likely Tom, but Andor was smiling a tad at the camera. He was covered in bruises and his wings were gone, but he was smiling.
I erupted into loud cries. I had lost another friend. What I wouldn't give to eliminate the feeling of loss. It was like a burning hole in my stomach, slowly creeping and spreading wider as I cried. I didn't get to say goodbye. Much like Capsize. I didn't get to say goodbye to her.