Chapter 26: A Disease?

The next day, I spent the whole morning dragging my stuff from Wags place back to Toms. Tom said he would help, but when we got there all he did was sit on the couch and drink sodas with Wag.

"Are you gonna help me at all?" I asked while carrying a bunch of gigantic boxes.

"I am helping." He replied taking another sip from his soda.

"You are not helping me. You are sitting on a couch and doing absolutely nothing."

"Hey, I am silently cheering you on. Whoo Jordan!" He cheered sarcastically.

"Please help me carry stuff? It's really heavy, and it's hard to fly with heavy stuff. Just these last few boxes?"

He let out an exhausted groan.

"Fine. But only the last few."

"Thanks, you are too kind." I said sarcastically.

I handed him the boxes and I watched as he walked out the door and began to take off.
I grabbed the last of the boxes and walked out of Wags place.
I put on my angel ring and shifted the boxes to where I could see the path in front of me. Suddenly a hand grabbed me from behind. I turned thinking maybe it was Wag to tell me I forgot something, instead I was face to face with Lieutenant Alister.

My face paled and my heart skipped beats.
I was about to grab my sword when he stopped me.

"Sparklez, I am not here to cause conflict. I am here to negotiate a deal, if you are willing."

For a moment, I forgot how to breathe. I just stared at him.

He raised his eyebrow at me.

"I apologize if I frightened you, I didn't intend to."

"No no...it's cool. Uh, what did you want to negotiate?"

"My latest efforts in convincing you to rid the taint have failed. So, my next priority is negotiation."
He just admitted to impersonating Andor.

"...So that was you yesterday?"

"Yes, and I want to apologize again for attempting to trick you. But you must understand that the king has put me under
strict orders to do everything I must to rid the taint."

"Yeah sure, I understand."

I understand you're a suck up, my brain thought.

"Wonderful! I suppose I should do some negotiating now. I am willing to give you a certain...weapon, in terms of ridding the taint from the town."

He pulled out a rapier from his bag and showed it to me. And boy, did it look awesome. I could kill anything with this.
"It did belong to this town, but the king shows no more interest in keeping it."

"Why did the town have it?"

"It belonged to the founder of this town, of whom we no longer respect."

"Oh...um what are the exact terms of this deal?"

"Only that you clear the taint as soon as possible in the town."

"I guess that's not too bad. I could start today if you want?"

"Excellent! Come with me and I shall show you to where the most serious problems are located."
We started walking towards the town and as we were a sort of nauseating feeling began to wash over me.
This sounds easy enough. I mean, I know I'm kinda going against Ianites plan. But if I got that rapier, I could do a lot more damage to my enemies.

I'm sure Ianite would understand my plan.

We walked through the main gates of the town past the giant taint statue.

It was way worse than when I had last been there.
The gross purple gunk was spread all over the front end of the town. Slimy purple liquid was dripping in puddles from the top of the main castle. The purple veins were stretched out all across the walls and and ground. The purple trail leading from the statue of taint outside the town.

"Well, good luck! And do remember if you double cross me, I will end you."
He casually walked away and entered the kings castle.

I had a lot of work to do.
As I began to remove the purple gunk, I heard footsteps behind me.

"Sparklez! What are you doing in here!" I heard Tom yell whisper. He was carefully trying not to step on the purple goo that covered the stone ground.

"Al offered me a really awesome rapier if I cleared out the taint from the town. I think it could really work out in favor when the revolution starts. Do you wanna help?"

"No I don't want to help! Do you know how sketchy that sounds?!"

"I trust him not to double cross me. And if he does, we'll just have to fight it out. It'll be fine man."

"I don't care how much you trust him, I don't trust him. I never will! And you shouldn't either! I should go before he tries to hypnotize me into this too..."

"Tom, I'm not hypnotized I just-"

"Nope! Not listening!" He raised up his hands and I watched as he walked out of the towns gates.

I sighed. I was being a little too trust worthy.

Maybe I shouldn't do this. I felt like I was betraying my lady.

I started to walk out of the gates after Tom when I tripped over a taint vein and fell into a giant pool of purple gunk.
I made a sound of disgust and raised up out of the gunk. I began wiping the icky stuff out of my face and off my clothes. It hadn't even been a few seconds when I started feeling weird sensations.
My eyes started to burn, and my lungs too. It pained me when I breathed.

Was this stuff toxic? Al hadn't told me anything about it being dangerous.
My head started to feel funny. My thoughts began getting muddy. I looked at my hands in front of me. My vision was getting blurred.

I saw a sheep walk by me.
It looked up at my face, with the eyes it didn't have.
The poor sheep was covered in taint.
It's fur was clumped together in disgusting purple goo, it's rotting flesh peeling from its face.
Was I going to turn into this sheep?

A disgusting taint monster?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry this was so short! I promise the next chapter will be much longer! I leave for state in two days, so I won't be posting Friday through Sunday. Sorry! But I promise you guys this next chapter will be super good!
BECAUSE I MUST MAKE YOU LOVELY PEEPS HAPPY!
Hope you enjoyed this short chapter! Leave a favorite if you did, thanks! - Lee