Chapter 4: Soaked and Caught

"TOM SYNDICATE!" I heard the town herald yell.

"Oh no, we're doneso." I said regrettably. I shouldn't have done this. I was an Ianitee. Not a Dianite follower. I'm not about chaos.

"STEVE! GO TO MY NEW HOUSE AND HIDE!" Tom yelled to Steve from the distance. I saw Steve drink a potion and then he disappeared.

"STOP! TOM SYNDICATE! Wait a moment! CAPTAINSPARKLEZ, YOU ARE AIDING THESE RUTHELESS CRIMINALS?!" The herald recognized me.

My reputation was ruined. The king will lock me up, or worse, kill me.

Tom looked at me and saw my pale expression. "Sparklez, we can still escape. But you have to trust me."

Tom had grabbed my hand and started running, taking me with him. I could see the Herald on our heels and Tucker trailing behind in full Mage armor. I'm so dead.

Tom had pulled me up to the town dock. He looked at me straight in the eyes and asked,"Sparkles, do you trust me with your life?"

I looked at Tucker and the Herald behind us, then back at Tom.

I had no other choice. It was either be caught and executed or killed anyway by Tom Syndicates most likely idiotic plan. I sighed and nodded. "Y..yes."

He tackled me by the waist and slung me over in the water with him.

I didn't have a water creature morph, so I couldn't breathe underwater. If I went back up to the surface I would be caught. Why did I trust tom? Now I'm trapped underwater and I'm either going to drown or be caught. Maybe Ianite would take pity on me and strike me while I was still in the water so I won't have to go through the trouble of drowning myself. This day is going down hill very fast.

I began to resurface when suddenly I felt slimy arms wrap around my waist and I yelped in surprise, but it was only reduced to bubbles. I knew what the slimy, disgusting hands were and who they belonged to. I was going die under here to a freaking squid. I turned to try and fight the squid, and as I did I looked into its eyes. Brown eyes. Tom. The squid was Tom. I didn't have time to register any more thoughts after that.

I could feel my throat tightening and my lungs begging for air. I could already feel myself beginning to black out. I gave Tom a pleading look to get me back up to the surface, but he just kept swimming.

Everything was almost black, I felt like I was dying. Someone please help me.
~~~