Chapter 71: I'm Sorry for Resisting You, Officer

Jordan's p.o.v.

I heard Wag, but I also heard another person talking with him.

"You don't have to if you don't wish to, Waggles. I am just getting a bit antsy is all." That must be Martha.

What are they talking about?

"No no, I wish to. But I'm unsure if it is proper for me to do such an intimate thing since we have just began this love."

"Forget being proper, do whatever you want to me, my strong wizard." Martha swooned.

Oh god. Wag had accidentally called me.

"Eww! Oh gods, turn it off Sparklez!" Tom pressed his palms to his ears and made a face of disgust, and I heard a noise of confusion come from the device.

"Waggles? Why is your wrist talking?" I heard Martha ask.

"I'm un-...oh. I have um...accidentally called Jordan. So, hello Jordan. How are you?" I could practically feel the awkwardness in our call.

"I'm doing fine, and I'm assuming by the sound of it you are too."

"Oh my god, at least turn off your communicator before you go dirty talking to Martha!" Tom groaned at the thought.

"So sorry, it won't happen again. Uh, goodbye!" The call ended, and Tom sighed in relief.

"Well, we know they shared sleeping bags together..." I laughed and Tom shook his head in disgust.

"No wonder Steve didn't go...if I had to listen to that all day, I'd kill myself. That reminds me, did Steve ever build Wags wizard tower back?"

"Yeah, but I haven't got a chance to see it lately. Maybe we should go and check it out after you start eating again."

He sighed grumpily and pulled the white covers back over his bare chest, turning around and facing the opposite direction of me.

"Tom...you know I'm only keeping you here so you can get better," I said to my boyfriends back.

"I know that. I just hate sitting here and taking up space. It's so boring."

"You wanna continue our game of questions?"

He murmured a yes, but didn't turn back around. He was being difficult. And it was adorable.

"Ask me something then."

He stayed silent for awhile, his steady breathing the only thing I could hear.
"Can you...tomorrow, can you bring that blanket here?" He was barely audible, his voice shy and embarrassed.

"The one you made for me? Sure, but I'm making sure Steve or Champ stay here while I'm gone."

"Jeez, it's not like I'm in prison or something..." He sighed dramatically.

"Just keeping you safe, don't get offended. Anything else you wanna ask me?"

I didn't hear a sound in the room, just the faint beeps every minute or so from the machines. Maybe he'd gone to sleep.
I turned over to face the wall and gathered some covers on my body. My eyes began to droop, then close altogether. I was looking forward to sleep. I didn't sleep well anymore when I shared the tower with guard Tom. I was afraid that maybe he'd snap and try to kill me in my sleep. Maybe I was just being paranoid. He never said anything anymore, just the occasional good morning or good night. I didn't want to feel bad for him, but I couldn't help it. He's been through so much.

"Sparklez...can I ask you something really...odd?"

My eyes opened a bit, and I responded with a hazy 'sure'. Although I didn't seem like it, I was intrigued by what he wanted to ask me.