Chapter 31: Wine or Tasty Poison?

Jordan's p.o.v.

"Are you sure this stuff isn't poison?" I asked while examining the bottle of dark green liquid.

"Nonsense! This is the finest bottle of wine in all of Ruxomar! I think...my mind has forgotten when I brewed this..."

"But it doesn't have a label, what's up with that? You don't label your brews?" Tom asked also examining the bottle.

Ianite had returned the next day at our tree with three bottles of wine and a picnic basket, but I wasn't sure why yet. Tom and I were sitting at the kitchen table looking at the wine bottles, while Ianite was unpacking foods and plates. She seemed very happy about the whole thing, so I guess she was over what had happened yesterday.

"Oh please, I know what's mine and what's not. It's obviously wine, since it has a red cork in it. All of my wine brews have red corks."
She popped the first cork from the bottle we had been examining.

"So what's all this for? Are we celebrating something?" I asked.

"I wanted to make up for all of the...weird things that happened yesterday. I was acting very strange and it was uncalled for. Besides, don't you like wine? I know your kind of an innocent being, but you do like alcohol correct?"

"Yeah it's just everytime I drink it something bad happens. It's kind of been a bad luck charm or something."
I watched as she poured the dark green liquid into two glasses. She laughed.

"Well I assure you, this wine is no curse. I think I remember brewing these with Spark years ago, of course he never drank wine. Beer was more of his style. But I however, loved the taste. Grapes are like honey to me."

She handed us the two glasses and and began pouring one for herself.

"You talk a lot about this Spark dude. You know he's probably not dead right? I mean he might be gone forever but he's not dead. I don't think he would have just disappeared and died, but I guess I can't promise anything."

Ianite stopped pouring her drink and froze in place.
This had offended her greatly.

I smacked Tom on the arm and he squealed.
"What the hell was that for?!"

"Stop being rude! She giving us a gift for gods sake..."

"No no, it's fine. I need to accept that he's never coming back, even if it rips my heart in two and tears it out from my soul. Anyway...how about a toast? To no regrets whatsoever!"

She raised up her glass waiting for us to toast with her, and we awkwardly follow her.

I sipped the dark liquid hesitantly and tasted it.
It actually wasn't that bad. It was pretty good.

"Wow this is good stuff, sorry I thought it was poison." Tom continued to drink the rest of the glass.

"Oh I'm so glad you enjoy it! I was afraid it had ruined or soured. Would you like some more?"

Me and Tom cheered yes, and she poured us another glass.

And another.

And another.

And another.

If only I had known the events that would follow, I could have saved myself from the utter torture I was soon to endure.
~
Toms p.o.v.

I laughed as Sparklez tried to walk back to the room, high as a kite.
He had had at least 5 or 6 glasses of the wine Ianite made.
Ianite giggled as well and sipped more wine from her glass.

"He does some silly things when he's drunk doesn't he?"

"You have no idea. There was one incident where he drank at Wags and he ended up scorching his phone in the microwave."

She laughed again and put her hands over her mouth as she did.

"Welp, thanks for the wine lady. I didn't know a goddess was allowed to get high."

"Who said I was?" She replied while taking another sip.

"Oh so you're a rule breaker?"

"Nah, I just don't really care right now. None of my brothers are here to chastise me anyway. One is dead, the other hates me. So I guess I'll just do whatever."

"Yeah well you do that. I'm gonna go make sure Jordan doesn't break anything. Night."

I didn't really know anything else to say to her. I know she was Jordan's goddess or whatever, but I didn't like her.
She just rubbed me the wrong way.
He had been hanging out with her a lot lately, and I was worried about that. The last thing he needed was another loved one getting killed, and something told me she was unable to protect her own self right now. If there was to be a repeat of Capsize, I don't think I would be able to help him.

He was already hurting so much.

"Goodnight Thomas." She looked down avoiding my gaze.

She knows I don't like her.

She picked up her picnic basket and empty wine bottles and poofed away with a purple dust trail behind her.

I walked back to my room to see a sleeping Jordan passed out on the bed.

This dork kills me.
~
*beeep beeeeep beeeeep*

"Ugh! What now?!" I yelled whispered to myself. My communicator was going off right when I was about to doze off.

I turned on the lamp and picked up the beeping device.

"12 missed messages and 6 missed phone calls from Lady_Ianite"

What did she want? It hadn't even been an hour since she left.

I pressed the call back button the communicator and let the room so I wouldn't wake up Jordan. Although he kept twitching a bit. I think he was having a nightmare.

I walked into my kitchen and sat down. The call receive bar popped up and Ianites voice rang out from it.

"TOM! OH THANK GOD YOURE AWAKE!"

"Ow! Woman what the heck is wrong with you? You just busted my eardrum!"

"IS JORDAN ASLEEP?! WHERE IS HE?!"

"Yes he's asleep! And he doesn't have time to hang out with you, he's gotta rest. You can have your lovey dovey junk tomorrow."

"LISTEN TO ME! WAKE HIM UP! DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN! DONT LET HIM HAVE A NIGHTMARE!"

"Why not? What's wrong?"

"JUST DONT! ILL BE OVER TO EXPLAIN IN A MINUTE! JUST WAKE HIM UP!!!"

The phone beeped, signaling she had hung up.

What got her panties in a twist? Jordan's had tons of nightmares, and he's fine.

Just as I was about to call Ianite back, an ear piercing scream erupted from my room.

Sparklez. Oh my god.

~~~~~~~~~~~
CLIFF HANGER OH NO D:
Sorry, I had to end it there. For SUSPENSE!
Plus I probably don't have time to write much tomorrow and I want to split this into two chapters. Lol ;3
I am the ultimate troll LOLOLOLOL
Hope you guys enjoyed this short chapter, leave a favorite if you did! Thanks! - Lee