Chapter 61: Confessions.

Jordan's p.o.v.

"Captain, are you alright in there? You haven't come out of your room all day...I am a little worried."

Guard Tom had knocked on the lightly on the door, and I had scrambled to get my clothes on before he opened it. I forgot to lock the door last night, I just hope he wouldn't come in.

"Y-yeah! I'm fine, just sleeping in! Could you do me like a huge favor and make some coffee for me?" I had to get him away from my room long enough so that I could get dressed.

"Sure, would Mr. Syndicate like some too?"

Crap. He already knew.

"Uh..." I looked over to the bed, where Tom was sprawled out on the covers with only the blanket he had made me covering his lower half, the rest of him bare. "Probably...thanks Tom."

"You're quite welcome Captain," I heard him say as his footsteps faded down the stairs.
I sighed in relief and began to search for my clothes. I found my communicator laying near the door and I picked it up to check the time.

Six thirty, I really had been asleep all day.

At least I could stand properly this time, the last I could barely move.
I gathered my pants and my white T-shirt and threw them on quickly. I grabbed my glasses that had been thrown halfway across the room and put them on. I glanced at the window and cringed at my appearance, I really needed a shower. I'd have to wait though, the towers didn't have a bathroom yet. I smoothed my hair between my fingers and tried to rub the sleep out of my eyes.

"Come back to bed...it's too early..." Toms groaning snapped me out of my thoughts, and I laughed.

"It's six thirty in the afternoon, we've slept in all day. I think it's time to get up." I turned to see his tired face, squinting at me with his chocolate brown eyes.

"I want coffee...go make me some..." He shifted so that the blanket covered more of him.

"Guard Toms making coffee...he knows about last night. I should've thought about how thin the walls are between floors...he probably heard everything. Oh my god he totally heard everything, I hate life." I groaned loudly and face palmed my self. Everything happened so fast last night that I didn't even think about Guard Tom being here, let alone hearing us.

"So what? You're giving him a place to stay, he can deal with a couple of moans and bangs." Tom seemed totally unfazed by the fact that guard Tom had heard us.

"I just feel guilty, okay? And it wasn't just a couple of moans and bangs, do you even remember what you were saying last night? I'm pretty sure Wag could've heard you from his place because you were so loud..."

"Me loud? Your screaming could have woken up the gods from our other dimension because it was so loud. And since we're on the topic of guard Tom, when are you gonna tell him we murdered his best friend and caused him to lose his job?" Tom sat up and stretched his arms above his head, his eyes clamped together.

"I don't know...I feel horrible about it. But what were we supposed to do? That guard attacked first, you were only protecting me. It wasn't our fault..." I sat on the bed next to Tom. His arm curled around my waist and I could feel his calm breathing on my neck. It was so comforting.

"Yeah it wasn't our fault, but we gotta tell the man sometime about who we really are. We can't really keep it a secret forever. So when are we gonna tell him?"

"I'm going to tell him. You should be as far as possible when I do, because he may get angry. I mean, I've never seen him angry before but I feel like he would be at you. Just let me tell him, okay? I'm on good terms with him."