Chapter 30: Witchery and Getting Stabbed

Ianite had been following me around like a little kid all day.

I had woken up from the exhausting and eventful day yesterday, when I heard Tom shout.

I threw off my covers and ran in the kitchen to see Ianite standing in the doorway with her hand over her mouth and her eyes staring guiltily at Tom. Tom was standing with his hand over his stomach and was breathing really loudly.
He looked up at Ianite.
"You scared the crap out of me! Don't poof in front of my face!"

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to frighten you! I'm still adjusting to my powers, are you okay?"

"Just please don't do that again, I can feel my heart in my feet. My god..."

I laughed causing them to turn to me.
Ianites face brightened up when she saw me. Today she looked different from her usual attire. She was wearing a white and gold lacey shirt that covered one shoulder, she was wearing light blue leggings with a purple scarf tied over them. Her hair was in a low ponytail with strands sticking out everywhere and her beautiful purple eyes were glistening as she stared at me.
I can understand why Spark liked her so much.

"Spark! I mean...other Spark! How did you sleep?"

"Fine, thank you for asking. I'm guessing breakfast is out of the question?" I asked pointing towards the frying pan full of eggs spilled on the floor. Tom must have dropped the when Ianite appeared.

"Oh I am truly sorry! I've ruined your day..."

"No no! It's okay, well eat breakfast later. Did you need a favor?"

"Oh um not really, I was just wondering what you were up to today?"

"Actually I was gonna go do some witchery and stuff. Did you wanna come?"

"Oh yes! That would be swell!" She clasped her hands together.

"Tom do you wanna come?"

"Nah dude, I need to start building some things today. But uh you two kids have fun, and don't be doin anything to cause more children to be brought into this world!" He laughed forcefully. He turned back to the stove with a hard look on his face.
What was up with him today? He was acting strange...

~
"Ooooo! Is this some sort of children's game?"
I was drawing ancient symbols in the grass with gold chalk, she was standing over my shoulder watching me the entire time.
"Uh not really. It's for spells and stuff, I've been trying to practice witchery to unlock some really cool things."

"Oh wow! Can you do some spells right now?"

"I think I can, but they aren't very amazing."

"Nonsense! Let me see!"

I stood up faced back to her. I raised up my hand and muttered a couple of activation spells and a purple flame appeared in my hands.

"I'm not really sure what it does...yet anyway."
She stared at it in amazement. She crouched down and examined it closer.

I watched as she reached out her index finger and touched it.
She squeaked and pulled back her hand as I heard a sizzling sound.

"Oh my god! Did I hurt you?!"

"It's just a little burn, it will go away soon! Don't worry!"

But she still held her hand like it was hurting her.
I gently grabbed her wrist and unclenched her fingers. It was a small burn, but I still felt really guilty about it.

"My curiosity is getting the best of me, and I apologize for that. It's just everything is so bright and beautiful! It's so much better than the dark corners of my mind..."