Chapter 6: Terrence

"Are ye sure he ain't dead Syndy?"

"If they're snoring Steve, they ain't dead."

"I don't snore..." I said quietly, rubbing my eyes.

"Sparklez! You're awake!" Tom faced me with a happy expression on his face. He was holding a gigantic frying pan with a dead fish in it.

"Ugh, I feel like crap."

"You look like crap too matey."

"Thanks Steve." I said sarcastically.

"I didn't get to thank ye sparklez! Without ye, me and Syndy would both be caged!" Steve gave me a pat on the back.

"Well I didn't get to thank Tom for keeping me from getting caught."

"Sparklez, you don't have to thank me. I almost got you killed back there." He got the fish that was frying and put it on a plate and handed it to me.

I wanted to vomit on the spot seeing a dead fish in front of me. I think I was still sick from all of the water.

Tom cocked his head o the side. "What's the matter? You don't like fish?"

"It's cool, I'll just have something later." I didn't want to be rude.

"Syndy, I don't think he wants a dead fish when he almost became a dead fish."

"No! That's not it! It's just I feel sick is all."

"Would you rather me fry some apples sparkles?" He asked kindly.

"Uh..yeah if you don't mind."

Tom handed the fish to Steve and Steve gladly devoured it.
The sight itself made me run outside, for fear of getting vomit on Toms table.

I ran nearby to a stream of water and began emptying my stomach. It didn't last very long, seeing as I hadn't ate anything for a while.
I began to hear footsteps behind me, but they didn't sound normal.
I turned around expecting a spider to leap on me, but instead saw a chest, with legs, running towards me.

"Wha? What are you?" I said to the little walking chest.

I heard the door to Toms house open and Tom yell, "Terrence! C'mere boy!"

The little chest ran to Tom and opened its mouth, or lid, whatever it was. Tom threw some extra apples and fish in the chests mouth, and the chest made small chomping sounds as it devoured the items. Tom closed the chests mouth and petted his head.

I was so confused.

Tom looked up at me and waved. "Are you done dying yet Sparklez?"

"Uh..yeah...Tom what is that thing?" I pointed to the walking object.

"What thing?" He asked confused.

"The chest, with legs."

"Oh! That's Terrence, he's my pet chest." Tom acted as if that was extremely normal.

"What does it do? I mean I know it's a pet but why do you have him?"

"When I go strip mining he picks up all me items. Plus he's really fun to play 'fetch the mob' with."

Tom pointed at a skeleton walking around near his tree and shouted, "Get him Terrence!"

The chest ran towards the skeleton and chomped down on its bones. The poor skeleton didn't stand a chance. He was reduced to nothing but bones and dust.

"Wow...what a great pet to have..." I replied hesitantly. That thing tore through mobs like they were nothing, what would it do to a human?

"It's okay Sparkley pants, he only attacks when I tell him to. He's not gonna attack you." Tom laughed.

Tom commanded the chest again, "Terrence! Show Sparklez some lovin!"

Oh god no.

The chest barreled towards me and I shoved my hands in front of my face in defense, but the little chest just hopped in my lap and cuddled into my chest.
I put my hands down and hesitantly patted the chests head.
"I guess you are pretty cute hehe..."

"Sparklez I got your apples, come in when your done playing with Terrence!" Tom laughed.
The little chest jumped off my lap and hurried after Tom into the tree.

I didn't know Dianitees could be so good with pets, or chests I guess.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello lovelies! I hoped you liked this chapter! I've been wanting to write a chapter just for Toms little pet Terrence 😂 leave a favorite if you enjoyed! Thanks!
-Lee