But was stopped by the sound of gunfire.

Loki POV

Why on Earth did someone choose to kill at this moment?

Y/n quickly pulled away from me and turned to the restaurant we were in moments before.

"What was that?" she asked scanning the building.

"Someone deciding to ruin the moment," I murmured rolling my eyes. "Come on,"

With a swish of my hand I was in my battle armour and ready to bolt. Y/n cleared her voice behind me and I saw she was still in her dress.

"Are you sure you want your suit darling? I think you'd look rather ravishing fighting in a-"

"Loki..."

I put my hands up in defence and magicked her suit.

"Better," she smiled and ran past me.

We made it to the door and shoved it open. Y/n seemed to have frozen in place. I looked around to see whatever she was looking at and then I found it. A man with deathly pale skin and onyx hair stood on top off a table in the middle of the room. He held a gun in one hand and in the other...

Dark black matter encircled his palm. His back was to us but almost as if he sensed our presence, he whipped his head to us. His eyes...by the Norns. They weren't naturally black like others, but almost ghoul like. As if some kind of darkness had infiltrated his body and was trying to escape.

Beads of sweat trickled down his forehead as he continued to look at us. Assess us. No, not us. Her.

Y/n was still frozen in her place, as if ice and wrapped around her ankles and forbade her to move. I slipped my hand into hers and shook it.

"Y/n?"

No reply.

"Y/n, I have a bad feeling about this,"

No reply.

"Y/N!"

And that's when hell broke loose.

Y/n POV

I couldn't move. Couldn't breathe. Not with Newt Harding alive in front of my eyes. My body was paralysed as I held his deathly gaze. That's when he shot. A bullet start through the head a man ringing the cops. Loki pulled me towards him and we ran into the door through the kitchens.

"Loki we need to help those people!" I said trying to wriggle free.

"No, I need to help you!" He yelled back. "You know this man, and he knows you. That's why he's here,"

I held back my tears knowing that this isn't who I wanted Newt to be known as, "Yes, I knew that man. Yes, he's here to kill me,"

Loki looked like he was going to spill his own tears, "And I can't let that happen,"

The door to the kitchen sprang open and Newt stood in it. We hadn't heard any other gunshots meaning that Newt definitely came here for one person.

"Run," Loki said.

We bolted through the kitchen with Newt at our tail. Bullets fire at us from behind and one-shot Loki through his shoulder.

"Loki!"

That one moment cost me everything. A pair of phantom like hands gripped onto my ankles. The momentum making me fall flat on my face, breaking my nose.

"Y/n!"

The hands pulled me closer and closer to the Phantom like man who was once a brother to me. I shifted into a snake, a bird, and bug. But not a single form helped me out of this mess.

Loki let out a scream of rage and conjured green flames in both his hands. Throwing them at Newt in rapid speed. He shouted in rage and dropped his phantom connection. It gave me enough time to shift into a panther and run to Loki.

We ran through the back door and into the night. I wanted to help Newt. Bring him back to who he was. But not tonight. I wasn't prepared. Loki pulled me into an alleyway, and we watched the back door.

Newt burst through and looked angrily at all sides. Loki held his hand over my mouth and readied his other one with magic. He knew this wasn't the time to get into fights, so he just watched. Newt pulled a device out of his pocket and whispered into it.

After listening for a bit, he shoved it into his pocket and stood still. As if he'd been powered down. We heard a helicopter flying in overhead and looked up. H.Y.D.R.A.

A rope fell from the side and seemed to latch onto Newt. He stood there calmly as it tugged him higher and higher into the sky. When the helicopter as finally out of sight looking pulled me closer and pressed a kiss to my temple.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded frantically and said, "Please take me home."