Chapter forty-one

Start from the beginning

"Like what?" I asked, my voice filled with confusion.

Amalie turned silent, unsure of how to tell me what she hid from me when we met.
"Like her father's real business" Bruno smiled, "shut up you prat!"
"Give me a second as I search up what that means" Bruno teased, making sure he got on her nerves.

I turned around and looked at Amalie, "go on."
She rubbed her forehead as she tried to find the words, "My father"

A huff left her lips as she continued, "finance isn't the only thing he works with."

"That's a nice way of saying he controls the entire fucking crime world of London, having the biggest assassins too."

I grabbed Amalie before she could lunge at Bruno again, "stop it! Both of you!" I yelled.
I shook my head at Bruno and told him to let her speak, as I turned around to face Amalie who looked embarrassed, "Is that true?" I asked, I've always thought that her money and everything came from her father being a successful businessman in London. "Yes."

"Amalie" I said, "why didn't you tell me?"
She turned around and gave me a glare, "tell you that my own bloody father has killed more people than I can count when everything you wanted to do in life was save people?"
Good point, I would've probably not reacted that well.

"You have a point I guess but still, how do you know Bruno?" I asked, her eyes widened as she realized, "wait when you were telling me about a Bruno and Xander you meant Xander fucking Romero? The head of the Romero Corporations and leader of The Romero mafia?"
I didn't say anything, my look was enough.

"Luna for God's sake, tell me the one you're seeing isn't him" She stopped, and pointed at Bruno "Even this asshole isn't as bad"
Bruno shook his head, "stop calling me names, I searched up the previous one and I'm feeling offended"

Amalie rolled her eyes but kept her attention on me.
Before I had the chance to answer the chauffeur stopped, signaling that we're here but instead of the mansion, we were in front of the apartment complex that Xander owned.
"Why are we here?" I asked, "I'm sorry Luna but she's not nearing the mansion before I talk with Xander, she can't be trusted with the location so for now we'll stay here."

I looked at Amalie and she looked annoyed and angry, as well as shocked.
I didn't want to stir up problems between them, so I just nodded and told Amalie to come as we followed Bruno up to the penthouse.
"I'm sorry" I whispered to Amalie as we walked behind Bruno, she gave me a small smile "I'm sorry too but we're not finished."

We entered the living room, and Bruno told us to make ourselves at home as he went to call Xander.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, even though it was probably the last thing she was thinking about right now but I knew her well enough to know she was, "always" she smiled.
Me and Amalie used to try new food every Friday, we called it roommate day were we did everything that could be labeled lazy.

"How do you know Bruno?" I said as we entered the kitchen, and I made my way to the fridge.
She let out a sigh before answering, "We met in London three years ago at the pub"

Knowing Bruno and knowing Amalie, this couldn't be good.

"I didn't know who he was, but he knew exactly who I was" She continued before shaking her head as she remembered, "Of course he knew exactly what to say and do for us to end up at his hotel room"

"Stop a minute" I said turning around as fast as I could, "Did you sleep with him?!"
Amalie's eyes widened, "Luna!"

"She did, and it was the best one night stand she's ever had."

We both turned around and looked at Bruno who was standing by the door with a smug look on his face, "don't flatter yourself darling, you were the first person that made me realize that I should pursue an acting career" She hissed back smiling as she saw the look on his face disappear.