Chapter twenty-seven: Days gone by

Zacznij od początku

"I really did and regretted it. That's why I am making up for my mistakes so Cale won't feel lonely in our home," Deruth responded truthfully.

"I even considered adopting your son, you know!" Zed laughed.

"You can't have my son," Deruth replied.

"By the way, you didn't come here just to attend my son's birthday banquet. You must have things you need to personally address in our territory," Deruth continued then the King's expression changed.

"That's right. We could continue this matter in your office since it shouldn't be said where a lot of people could hear," King Zed replied. Then the two went to Deruth's office to continue their conversation.

Going back to Cale and Alver, they continued chatting and along their conversation the first prince mentioned he needed a sword instructor. No one was competent enough for Alver to learn from, since all his instructors were assigned by the Queen—and the Queen hated him.

"I see, I'll help you find an instructor if you want. I know someone who can help you, however I have no intention of revealing the person to everyone. I don't want to drag him into the affairs of aristocrats," Cale told him.

"I understand. That would be nice since those greedy nobles will do their best to covet what I have," Alver replied.

"I also wished to raise my strength in secret," Alver added.

"I see, I'll talk to him later, you can come with me if you want so you two could meet," Cale responded. Alver was curious about the person Cale was talking about since he has a high regard towards the mysterious person.

"Cale!" Clopeh called and behind him were Cage and Taylor with Cale's brother and sister.

"Oh, what are you all doing here?" Cale asked. Lily looked like she cried, the redhead approached her and wiped her tears.

"Hyung, Lily was looking for you and father told us you are here with the prince," Basen answered.

"Ugh, it's unfair that the prince can have you all by himself and we are here waiting for our turn! However it seems the prince has no intention of letting you go yet. Not because he's a prince he has the right to hog you all to himself," Clopeh protested. Alver felt embarrassed by Clopeh's claims but he remained calm.

"Hm? He's not doing that, though?" Cale responded. Alver side-eyed the redhead and felt relief he didn't notice.

"We've been waiting for you and the prince to finish your conversation but it seems longer than we expected," Taylor shyly laughed.

"Oh, is that so? I didn't notice at all," Cale replied. All of them except the redhead and Lily smiled at how oblivious Cale was.

"Hyung, I want to make flower crowns," Lily said. The redhead's little sister could now speak fluently and it made their parents proud.

"Hm, you cannot call me 'hyung', Lily. Call me 'oppa'," Cale corrected as he scooped up Lily and placed her on his lap.

"Oppa?"

"Yes, 'oppa'. Only boys could use hyung as an address to older men and oppa for girls to address older men," Cale said.

"Okay, oppa," Lily smiled. Cale carried Lily to the garden filled with lily flowers, Alver and the others followed them.

"Since my sister wants to create flower crowns, I'll indulge my sister's wants first. I hope you understand," Cale smiled towards his visitors.

"Of course, Cale-nim. I understand, I know you prioritize your family first!" Clopeh cheerfully responded. Cale smiled.