✿ His Girl ✿

(TW)

(Rafe's POV)

As I stare at y/n and her boyfriend Topper I feel my heart clench as he kissed her cheek.  I know I'm a terrible person for being in love with a girl who is dating my best friend but to be fair I loved her before she started dating topper.  I was just too scared to tell her and now I lost her to him.  However, Topper knew I loved her I talked about her every single day and I still do.  When he told me they were dating I had never felt more betrayed and heartbroken in my life.

Of course I put on a fake smile and congratulated him but all I wanted to do was scream at him and cry.   Everyday I have to see those two together and it pains me deeply.  I love y/n more than anything, she's my best friend.  She has the most angelic eyes and such beautiful hair.  I love everything about her.  Her style, her smile, her laugh, her personality.  Y/n has absolutely no flaws in my mind, but she belongs to topper and it kills me.

"Rafe?" I get snapped out of my thoughts and turn to look at Kelce.  "What?" I say and kelce rolls his eyes. "Are you kidding me man did you hear anything I just told you?"  I scratch my neck nervously "y-yeah for sure!" I say and kelce raises his eyebrows "oh really? What did I say then?" He says and I nervously clear my throat "well you were talking about how handsome I am" I say giving kelce a smile and he scoffs "you wish."

"Rafe was too busy staring at y/n" my sister Sarah says and I look over at her giving her a glare "not true!" I say and she chuckles "Rafe why don't you just go sit with her it looks weird if you just sit 5 feet away from her and stare at her and topper eating lunch" I look away from Sarah and look back over at y/n and feel my heart clench when I see them kissing.

"You know how much I hate the football guys I would never sit there I can't even hear my own thoughts over their loud roaring." I say covering my ears and kelce chuckles "agreed." He says and Sarah rolls her eyes.

"I just don't understand what she sees in him" I say looking at Topper and Sarah sighs "Because he's a hot popular football player and she's an unpopular quiet girl why would she say no to him?" I look over at Sarah and scoff "I'm popular too everyone knows me! I may not be a football player but I'm captain of the wrestling team, class president, captain of the swim team, and I'm very handsome" I say running my hands through my hair. Sarah rolls her eyes playfully and chuckles.

"It's just not healthy Rafe you need to move on" my friend Charlotte says. "Guys seriously it's not that big of a deal" I say shrugging and my friend Jackson chuckles "you're in love with you're best friends girlfriend bro" I look over at him and give him the finger.

"We just want you to be happy it's sad seeing you like this" Sarah says and I smile at her "I'm fine I'll get over it eventually" I say and she nods eating her food.

I look at y/n and I know I won't get over it, she's just too perfect and I love her too much.

As I write down math notes I see a note slip onto my desk. I look next to me and spot y/n and smile as we make eye contact. We always pass notes to each other in class and make fun of the other students. As I stare at y/n as she's responding to my previous note I get snapped out of my thoughts. "Rafe!" I look over at my math teacher "yes Mr.Cotton?" I say and he looks at the board then looks back at me smirking "what's the answer to this problem" he says pointing to one of the questions on the board. "The answer is 54 sir" I say with a smug smirk and my teacher widens his eyes at how quick I answered the question.

"Very well, good job Rafe but maybe next time don't spend class staring at y/n the whole time." he says and turns back to the board and I feel my cheeks get hot, I bet my cheeks are so red. I look over at y/n to see she's already looking at me and she quickly looks away when we make eye contact and continues writing down her notes.