✿ Family ✿

"Stop it!" I giggle as Rafe continues to tickle me. "Nope not until you say it" Rafe says smirking. I gasp for air laughing and nod "o-okay, okay!" I say trying to push him away as he halts his tickling.  "I-Im sorry for eating your chips!" I say out of breathe and Rafe smiles and kisses my forehead "Now was that so hard?" He says and gets off of me letting me prop myself on my elbows.

The doorbell rings and I look at Rafe with furrowed eyebrows. "You gonna get that?" I say and Rafe rolls his eyes "I was hoping you would, I'm tired of all that tickling.." Rafe says with a evil smile. I scoff "oh you little-" I plunge myself at him as he catches me and chuckles "let's go see who it is together." He says and I nod intertwining our hands and walking down the stairs to the front door.

Rafe opens the door and my heart drops to see Rafe's ex girlfriend aka his baby momma.  Rafe has a daughter with his ex and I'll admit I'm jealous they share that bond of being a parent together but his daughter is honestly the sweetest little girl ever.  Rafe has her Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and his ex has her Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and on Sunday she sleeps over her friends house.  Sometimes I forget I'm not her mom because of how close our bond has gotten.

His daughters name is Elizabeth and she's 8, Now back to the real world.

"What are you doing here?" Rafe says.  "Rafe we need to talk" she says and then looks over at me with a glare "alone."  Rafe rolls his eyes "Unless it's about Elizabeth I really don't want to speak to you."  She gives Rafe these puppy dog eyes that make me roll my eyes but Rafe sighs "alright fine come in" she walks in nudging me with her shoulder and Rafe gives me an apologetic look.

"I'll be in the kitchen" I say and Rafe nods kissing my forehead.  I walk into the kitchen and try my best to listen in to the conversation. "Rafey I miss you, I miss us." She says and i scoff and mumble 'bitch' under my breath. "Look Emily I have a girlfriend and I really love her don't ruin this for me, I'm happy" Rafe says and I can't help but smile. "But Rafe think about Elizabeth she would be so happy to know her parents are back together!" Emily says trying to convince Rafe.

Rafe sighs and rubs his forehead "I can't I'm sorry Emily..I love y/n" Emily scoffs at this "you're gonna throw away a chance at being a family for that whore?!?" She says in disbelief as I gasp. Whore? How dare she. "That's enough! She's not a whore, and I need you to leave now." Rafe says and Emily chuckles in disbelief "I didn't want to do this but you leave me no choice."  I furrow my eyebrows. "If you don't break up with y/n i will take custody of Elizabeth and you know I'll win if you try to fight it." I look down and Rafe gasps.

"You would take my daughter from me?" Rafe says in disbelief and Emily nods "if it means you'll leave that whore."  "No-" Rafe goes to speak and I shake my head, he can't choose me over his own daughter. "It's okay Rafe" I say coming out of the kitchen and they both look at me and Rafe shakes his head "y/n don't" I smile with tears in my eyes and grab my keys and walk to the front door "I love you Rafe but you need to see your daughter" I say and walk out ignoring his pleads for me to come back.

(Rafe's POV)

Emily chuckles watching y/n walk out and I feel my blood boiling.  "What the fuck Emily?!" I say and she kisses my cheek "Rafe were meant to be..we can be together now!" I shake my head "no! Being with you in the first place was a mistake." Emily scoffs "You think y/n really loves you anyways? You're a coke head and your family hates you..she's using you for your money, just like I did" Emily says and walks out the front door leaving me speechless tears falling down my eyes.

(Y/n's POV)

I arrive home and run into my bedroom sobbing into my pillow.  I can't get the image of Rafe's face out of my head when I walked out that door, I love him so much.  I sniffle and ignore my phone buzzing knowing it's Rafe spamming me.  It finally becomes to much and I look at my phone accepting the call "Rafe please I made my decision don't make this harder than it already is" I say. "Y/n listen to me I spoke to my lawyer and she says In the end Elizabeth chooses who she wants to live
with..So I do have a chance she was lying!"

I smile jumping up and down "I'm sorry Rafe I'm so sorry for leaving you like that" "my love I understand why you did it and that's why I love you so much." I can't help the large grin that makes its way on my face "I love you more Rafe"

Time skip to the court day

"Elizabeth it is now time for you to choose which parent you want to have custody of you" the judge says and Rafe squeezes my hand our palms both sweaty and I look at him and smile nervously.  I look over at Emily and she's just smirking showing no fear or nervousness at all.  "I choose.."  Rafe squeezes my hand harder and I start to sweat.  "Rafe" Elizabeth says smiling at us and we jump up from our seats and hug each other crying tears of joy.

"Are you serious?!? Elizabeth how could you?!" Emily says running at Elizabeth as she gets held back by the police" Elizabeth looks at Emily and sighs "I can't take your verbal abuse anymore mom." She says and Emily scoffs "you were a mistake anyway!" She says and gets escorted out by the police.  Elizabeth runs to Rafe and he wraps his arms around her and I smile at the sight.  Rafe looks over at me and opens his arms giving me room to join the hug.  I join in and Elizabeth looks up at me smiling.

And at that moment Rafe realized he finally has the family he's always wished for.