✿ High ✿

(TW: drugs)

(AN: I've never smoked in my life so if some of this is wrong or not accurate, please forgive me. Also this one is so long😭)

After Rafe left outer banks to go to college I was crushed, I still am. He was my everything and I thought I was his but I guess not. He broke up with me with no remorse and no tears, he just left. I stayed in my bed at all times and my friends would constantly text me or call me and I would just ignore them.

And to make it worse we were still friends on Snapchat and I would look at his story. He was always at party's and posted videos of himself with blonde girls. I cried for hours thinking he moved on and forgot I existed. I of course didn't forget and it's still hard not to think about him. Every time I go out of my room I see something and think about him.

Sometimes I'll see someone and think it's Rafe but my mind is just playing games with me. I'll go to work drive home and stay in my bed for the rest of the night. My friends are concerned for me because I haven't told anyone except for my best friend Pope. He's the only one I text back and he usually climbs through my window and lets me rant. I cry to him about Rafe probably everyday. He tries to drag me to parties but I always say no, except for today.

I saw a video of Rafe at yet again another party and it triggered something inside me, if he gets to live his life why can't I? Pope texted me earlier about a party and I said no but now I change my mind. I text him and tell him I want to go and he gets super excited. He tells me he's on his way and I start looking for outfits. I hear a car pull up and I smile knowing it's pope. I scurry to my window and open it "Pope!" I help him get in and he hugs me instantly "Omg bestie I'm so happy you've decided to actually go outside besides for work!"

I chuckle and nod "I need help with an outfit." He squints his eyes and puts his finger to his chin and starts rummaging through my closet. I chuckle and just wait for him to do his magic. (Pope is giving me very 💅🏻)

He takes out a red slim dress "this will definitely make your defined body stand out" he says looking me up and down. I blush "Thank you pope" he tsks and shrugs "only the truth boo" I furrow my eyebrows thinking about the time pope told me he liked Kiara. I shrug it off and run to my bathroom and put the dress on along with some red makeup to match.

I come out the bathroom and pope squeals and claps his hands, "you look absolutely gorgeous" I chuckle and push him "stop I'm blushing" he smirks "come on let's go party!" I smile and grab my bag and pope walks towards the window

I come out the bathroom and pope squeals and claps his hands, "you look absolutely gorgeous" I chuckle and push him "stop I'm blushing" he smirks "come on let's go party!" I smile and grab my bag and pope walks towards the window. "Oh no boo I'm not ruining this dress we going out the front door" pope scoffs "then why did I climb in here you said your parents were home" my parents don't allow boys over that's why pope climbs in through the windows. I shrug "they're not"

He stomps his foot "I could've ruined this new shirt" I chuckle "just come on" we walk out the door and pope opens the car door for me "why thank you you're such a gentleman" pope smiles and closes the door for me and hops in the drivers seat. We blast music and sing the whole way there until we arrive. Pope woop's and opens his door and I open mine.

I climb out and dust my dress off, I walk with him to the party and instantly he runs to Kiara, JJ, and John B. I chuckle and shake my head and walk towards the drinks. I look at the drinks and instantly start thinking about how Rafe and I would always go to party's. I shake my head and try not to think about him. I feel someone tap my shoulder and I turn around to see some brunette boy.

"You look heartbroken" I widen my eyes "the fuck" he chuckles "I'm heartbroken right now as well I know what it looks like" I look down and mutter an oh and he grabs my chin. "I know something that can help take your mind off them if you want, always works like a charm for me" I think about it and nod, I really need to stop thinking about Rafe. He grabs my hand and brings me towards a table with multiple drugs.

"Usually weed helps the most but occasionally I'll do coke and it helps too" I widen my eyes but sigh and walk towards the weed. Some stoned guy looks at me with bloodshot eyes "You want some pretty girl?" I roll my eyes and take my hand out and he chuckles and gives me some. I look back at the boy to see him doing coke. I shake my head and walk towards the front of the house and see nobody there. I sit on the steps and bring the joint to my lips and take a puff.

I cough a little bit but hold it together. After a few puffs it works and I stop thinking about Rafe. All I think about is my friends and partying and of course the weed itself. That was until I heard it. "Y/n" I could tell who that voice is from a mile away. I look up shocked to see Rafe standing there with wide eyes.

I stand up and Rafe smiles "I've missed you so fucking much" he walks to me going in for a hug but I push him back "How dare you come over here and think I'll just be all giddy and hug you" Rafe sighs "you're still upset" I scoff "still upset!?" Rafe looks down in guilt. "I haven't left my bed in weeks because of you!" Rafe looks up from the floor and I see a tear come out of his eye.

"You promised me you would never get into drugs, what are you doing?" I shrug and look down "Your gone and I gotta stay high all the time, to keep you off my mind" Rafes face softens "I'm so sorry angel I figured long distance would be hard and thought I wouldn't be able to focus on school if we dated but I swear to you the minute I left I regretted it so much" I smile at his words but still don't look at him. He grabs my chin to make me look at him and I shutter at his touch, forgetting what it felt like.

"I made a mistake that I'll never forgive myself for but I'm here now, you're my world and I can't live without you, god I'll even drop out for you" I shake my head "No I can't let you do that, throw away your life for me" he caresses my cheek and smiles "I'm willing to pay that price for you my love" I smile and he leans in and we kiss, It feels like just us two in the world. I've missed everything about him, especially the kisses.

He pulls away and breaks the silence "You look absolutely stunning by the way" I blush and smile but then remember, "what about those girls on your story?" He chuckles "are you jealous my love" I roll my eyes "Those are my roommates girlfriends" I look down and whisper an 'oh' feeling stupid. He laughs and hugs me and wraps his arms around my waist and I chuckle and hug back.

He sees the joint on the steps and he backs away from the hug and stomps on it and squishes it, I look down and laugh.

"You won't need to be high and keep me off your mind anymore I'm here now, and I don't intend on leaving."