✿ Romeo And Juliet ✿

(TW)

As I'm sitting under a tree with my boyfriend Rafe reading a book I can't help but wonder something. "Rafe?" He looks over at me and gives me a small smile "yes my love?"

"What's your favorite book?" I ask looking up from my book and make eye contact with him. He chuckles and goes back on his phone "I don't read books you know that." He says and I roll my eyes "come on everyone has atleast one book they like." He just shrugs and says "not me."

I give up and continue reading my book until I get interrupted "hey!" I look up to see Rafe's dad ward. No, it can't be.

2 years ago ward started going crazy on Rafe saying how I was distracting him from the real world and that if he didn't break up with me he would kill me.  Rafe decided to run away instead and we both packed our stuff and moved to a little cottage far away from outer banks.

Rafe and I were both shocked to see Ward standing in front of us we never would have thought he would find us.  Rafe instantly gets up as do I and Rafe shoves me behind him.

"Well well Rafe looks like you disobeyed your fathers orders" ward says with a evil smile that makes chills go down my spine.

"Father, I love her why can't you understand that?" Ward chuckles and takes a gun out of his pocket and Rafe and I both gasp and shutter as he aims it at me. "Love is fake and will get you nowhere, I'm doing this for you Rafe so you can be a better man." Ward says and looks over at me smirking.

Rafe widens his eyes and Ward pulls the trigger and I close my eyes out of fear. That's weird I don't feel any pain. I slowly open my eyes and see Rafe on the floor infront of me. "No!" I scream and drop to the floor. "Rafe please stay with me" I look up to see no sight of Ward, he left.

I shake Rafe multiple times but nothings working, he won't wake up. Tears streaming down my eyes "I love you" I sob holding onto him.  I kiss his head and grab the pocket knife from my pocket.  Rafe always told me to have one for emergencies.  I aim it towards my stomach and look over at Rafe one last time and whisper "Romeo and Juliet is my favorite book"

I stab myself in the stomach knowing well I can't live without Rafe. I groan in pain and clutch onto my stomach falling right next to Rafe's body.  I feel my heartbeat slowing down and a tear slips out of my eye as I slowly grab Rafe's hand and intertwine our fingers and close my eyes letting darkness take over.

And just like that..

Rafe wakes up.