✿ This Isn't Goodbye ✿

(AN: this entire imagine will be in Rafe's POV)

(TW: blood, knife, murder)

I've been in love with my best friend y/n since 5th grade and we are now seniors. Our parents are close friends so we've known each other since we were babies, because we're so close I've never told her my true feelings, I'm to scared to lose her because I'm sure she doesn't feel about me that way, I mean why would she? She'll always say I'm like a brother to her and it crushes my heart every time knowing she'll never love me the way I do, so I tried to move on.

I started dating some girl named Ruby and honestly she's very clingy, she clings onto me everywhere I go and it's so annoying. When I started dating Ruby y/n spoke to me less and we started hanging out less, we would walk to my house after school everyday and watch a movie and sometimes we would go to her house too. Now she's always tells me she's busy or she she won't even wait up for me she'll just leave. As I'm in my thoughts under a tree at school I get interrupted by a squeaky voice "Rafey!"

I roll my eyes and look up to see, of course Ruby. She instantly sits down next to me and intertwines our fingers "why the long face bub?" I try not to gag, I hate when she calls me that. I put on a fake smile and kiss her head as she lets out a squeaky giggle "don't worry I'm fine" I look up to see y/n staring at us with sad eyes and I widen my eyes, I haven't seen her for a few days and I miss her like crazy.

"Y/n!" I call out and she starts walking away and Ruby rolls her eyes thinking I didn't notice but I did. I get up letting go of Ruby's hand and she instantly groans in frustration "why do you always have to run after her!" Ruby says stomping her feet like a child "I need to talk to her" I say and start dashing trying to catch up to Y/n when I stop dead in my tracks by Ruby's words.

"She's just a slut." I slowly turn around and I see the confidence in Ruby falter at my cold glare. "Don't you ever say something like that again" I say coldly and Ruby gulps "Do you love her?" Ruby says and I just scoff "you know what I do, we're over" I say and grab my backpack from her hands harshly "Rafe you can't do this we're meant to be!" She says but I just ignore her pleads and cries and run where y/n ran off.

I hear crying behind a wall and I go and check when I see y/n. My heart breaks at the sight of her crying. "Who hurt you, whoever it is I'll kill them!" I say angrily and y/n jumps startled. She instantly wipes her eyes and sniffles "nothing Rafe it's fine" she says showing me a fake smile and grabbing her bag from off the floor. "Come on talk to me, we were so close what happened?" I say sitting next to her and she sighs.

"Well ive been upset I guess" she says and shrugs. I furrow my eyebrows "why?" Tears start forming in her eyes and once again I feel my heart break "the guy I love, loves someone else." She chokes out and I instantly feel jealousy, even though I knew she didn't love me hearing her say it just makes it feel even worse. "Well he's missing out, you're amazing" I say with a soft smile and she just looks down. I think of an idea to try and make her feel better "ah!"

She looks back at me "what?" I chuckle "Maybe break them up, you know?" I say with a smirk and she just sighs and gets up from her spot "I could never do that to you and Ruby" she says and runs off once again, I stand there confused until I realize. Oh my god... y/n loves me! I need to tell her the truth. I grab my backpack and run to where y/n went until I heard screaming in the janitors closet. I widen my eyes and go to open it but it's locked. "Hey, are you alright!?"

My heart drops when I hear "Rafe help!" Thats y/n's voice. I instantly drop my backpack and take a few steps back pushing my shoulder into the door and it falls to the ground. I widen my eyes to see Ruby standing above y/n with a knife shaking like crazy. "Ruby!?" I say and she slowly turns to me "if I can't have you, no one can." She says and runs out the closet. I look over at y/n who has a pool of blood around her. "No!" I say and place my hand against her wound trying to stop the bleeding. "R-Rafe"

Tears start forming in my eyes, I can't lose her. Not like this. "Please hang on for me you're all I have." I say while shaking and sobbing. She shakily places her cold hand on my cheek and I lean into it "please don't leave me" I choke out and she lazily smiles at me "This isn't goodbye this is simply see you later." She says and closes her eyes. "No, hey stop!" I say shaking her and she doesn't respond in any way. "Please!" I say and lean my head on her chest cradling her in my arms.

I never got to tell her I love her.