✿ Toxic ✿

I just broke up with my boyfriend over text.  I couldn't do it to his face, I just can't. I shakily put my phone down and instantly hear my phone ding.

"Coming over rn." Was all he texted and I widened my eyes until I heard a car pull up. I drop my phone and run towards my front door locking it.

He instantly starts banging on the door and I jump. "Let me in now y/n!" I feel tears come out of eyes, this isn't who I fell in love with. "No Rafe you need to leave now!" I say shakily.

I hear a sigh from the other side of the door "please, I just want to talk." I hear him say softly. I start chewing my nails, something I do when I get anxious. Should I let him in? I sigh and unlock the door and slowly open it.

Rafe looks at me and he looks a whole mess, his hair is messed up he's got dark circles under his eyes and his eyes are bloodshot red like he's been crying. I feel my heart break at the sight. "Come in" I say softly and Rafe walks in and I lead him towards the living room and we both sit on the couch.

We sit there in silence until Rafe speaks up. "Why do you want to break up?" I look up at him and he's looking down at his feet. "I-I thought you loved me" I widen my eyes and grab his hand and he instantly looks up at me. "Rafe I do so much, you know that!" I say and he smiles at my words.

"I just feel like you've changed, you don't really talk to me anymore or give me any affection like you used to." I say and let go of his hand. He looks at me angrily and scoffs "yeah right, You're the one who never responds to my texts!" He yells at me and I stand up "because half of the time you text me it's to tell me I'm a whore or that you think I'm cheating!" I say pointing at him.

He stands up to and rolls his eyes "I apologize when I accuse you!" "Yeah because you're a manipulator Rafe you manipulate people!" He shakes his head "look I'm sorry can we just forget this ever happened I'm tired and just want to be with you" he says trying to grab my hands but I push him away "I'm sick of pretending we don't argue almost every day, and I'm sick of being called names by you!

Rafe scoffs again "you're being dramatic" I look down knowing he's never gonna get it, he's always been so stubborn. "I think you should leave" I say still looking at the floor. "What?" I look up at him "leave!" I say losing my patience.  He glares at me "I'm not leaving and we're not breaking up" I start to get scared and back away from him.

"P-please just get out Rafe" I say shakily and he just smiles at me. "I love you, I'm not going anywhere." I look towards my front door and he notices. "Don't" he warns me. I run out anyways and hear him running after me. I grab my bike and hop on quick pedaling away as fast as I can. "Y/n, wait!" Rafe says chasing after me.

"Y/n please don't leave okay!?" Rafe says and I almost feel bad but I keep pedaling away, I can't do this with him anymore. I look behind me to see Rafe not running anymore and staring at me hands in his hair and tears streaming down his cheeks

Our relationship is toxic.