✿ The Night We Met ✿

I hear the door open and I turn the tv off and look towards the front door smiling. Rafe closes the door and locks it and looks towards the kitchen table. "Y/n where's dinner?" He aggressively asks me.

I look down "I was tired from all the cleaning you told me to do this morning so I didn't cook today" he slams his hand on the wall "I work my ass off at work for 8 hours and your lazy ass can't even cook dinner for us!?" I sigh and get up from the couch "Rafe, I'm pregnant I can only do so much in one day" he shakes his head and points his finger at me "you're absolutely worthless"

I feel tears come out of my eyes and he scoffs and walks upstairs and slams our bedroom door. I flinch at the noise and start sobbing and sit back down on the couch. I start rubbing my stomach and call my best friend Kiara. After 3 rings Kiara answers. "Hello?"

"Kiara please come pick me up I got in a fight with Rafe and I don't feel good at all" I hear keys jingling in the background and shuffling "I'll be right there y/n!" I sigh and hang up and lay my head back on the couch and close my eyes.

I wake up to see myself in a hospital bed and furrow my eyebrows. I turn and see Kiara sitting in a chair peacefully sleeping next to my bed. I smile at her "K-Kiara" Kiara shoots up from her seat and grasps my hand "thank god you're okay, do you feel okay?" I nod "what happened?" I ask.

She sighs "you passed out by the time I got to your house" I look down and nod "Where's Rafe" she looks down and shrugs and I sigh. He's never there for me anymore. When Rafe and I got married he was always so kind and caring but after I got pregnant he's been so toxic and I don't think we've even kissed or hugged for 2 weeks.

(Rafe's POV)

I'm sitting in mine and y/n's bed with my eyes closed just relaxing until I hear my phone ring. I groan in annoyance and open my eyes and grab my phone. "What?" I say coldly. "Hello is this Rafe Cameron?" A woman on the other line says. "Yes this is he, who's this?" The woman sighs on the other line "I regret to inform you that your wife y/n y/l/n lost the baby" I feel my heart drop to my stomach and my eyes widen. "I'm so sorry sir" she says and hangs up.

My phone drops from my hands and I sit in my bed in shock. My worst fear just happened and it's all because of me, I gave her so much stress and wasn't there for her during her pregnancy and now she lost the baby. I'm such a terrible person, how could I do such a thing?

(Back to y/n's POV)

I look at the nurse and nod thanking her. She puts a thumbs up and walks out. I look at Kiera and she sighs "Are you sure you want your baby to live a life without their dad?" I look down and rub my stomach "Yes, I'm afraid of the man Rafe has become and I'm not gonna let him hurt my baby the way he hurt me." She smiles at me and nods and rubs my arm. Never in a million years when I got married to Rafe would I have thought I would have to do something like this, I thought Rafe and I would get married and have a beautiful family.

Take me back to the night we met.