✿ Tears ✿

I'm currently hanging out with my boyfriend and his friends Pope, John B, and Kiara. Sometimes it gets annoying, he will ditch me for them constantly. Then he'll come home and say he'll make it up to me but never does. Today we were supposed to have a beach date but his friends decided to tag along and of course he didn't protest.

"Y/n" I turn at JJ "sorry what?" He chuckles and grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers "what are you thinking about" I widen my eyes "o-oh nothing important" he nods and smiles and let's go of my hand and continues his conversation with Kiara. Their friendship never really bothered me until a few days ago, ever since they started searching for the gold they became super close.

Sometimes he would cancel our plans just to hang out with Kiara, it really bothers me how my own boyfriend only gives me attention for two seconds of the day. But I love him so I get over it and move on.

"You guys ready to go?" John B asks us. I get up and dust the sand off of me and let out my hand for JJ to grab. "I'll meet you in a second I gotta tell Kiara something real quick." I roll my eyes and yank my hand back towards my side and follow John B and Pope to the car. Oh I forgot my phone! "Guys I'll be right back" they both nod and I make my way back towards the beach until I hear kissing.

I chuckle and go to snoop and make my way towards the kissing. I look behind the bathrooms and feel my heart drop to my stomach. "JJ?" I croak out and Kiara and JJ turn away from each other quickly. Kiara looks down in guilt and JJ stares at me "y/n it's not what-" I scoff and turn around wiping the tears from my eyes. Until I get stopped by an arm.

"Y/n don't go" he says softly. I turn around slowly and he widens his eyes at my glassy eyes. He always told me he hates seeing me cry, ironic. He tries to wipe my tears and I back away from him "y/n please it was a mistake it just happened, it meant nothing to me" I scoff "2 years down the drain huh" he starts crying "y/n you're all I have, I need you."

I look down and shrug "you should've thought about that before shoving your tongue down kiaras throat!" I yell at him he nods and gulps "I know, and I regret it just please don't go, I love-" I slap him and his head flies to the side, "don't you dare finish that sentence!" He looks at me while holding his cheek and I run away from him ignoring his screaming and crying of my name.

My vision blurry from all my crying I can't really see where I'm running but I don't stop, I just keep running until I feel myself bump into something. I wipe my tears and look up to see Rafe Cameron. "Trouble in paradise?" he laughs. I look down "go away Rafe I'm not in the mood for your teasing." His expression softens and kneels down to my height and wraps his arms around me.

I stiffen in shock and he breaks the silence "I'm sorry I didn't realize it was that serious, do you mind me asking what happened?" I sniff and finally hug him back, hiding my face in the crook of his neck. "JJ, h-he cheated on me." Rafe let's go of the hug and I see his jaw clench "I'm gonna kill him" he murmurs. I look down and he caresses my face "he doesn't deserve your tears" I look up at him and smile.

We stare at each other and I feel myself leaning in without knowing. Then all of a sudden he crashes our lips together. This kiss felt different, nothing like JJ's felt. My stomach was doing backflips and I could feel my cheeks heating up. He pulls away and rests our foreheads against each other.

I look up at him "what just happened?" He chuckles "love makes you do crazy things" I widen my eyes but begin to realize.

I've always loved Rafe.