✿ Only Love ✿

"I-I cheated" my eyes shift to the ground. I wish he was lying. "I'm really sorry y/n" Rafe whispers, I slowly nod my head accepting that he's not lying. I look up making his eyes connect with my tear filled eyes.  "Angel" he whimpers lifting his hand to grab mine. I slowly pull my hand away.

"It's okay" I smile through my pain "I'm okay" I say trying to convince myself more than him.  "I guess I should go now" I say standing up. Rafe instantly shoots up from his seat "no please stay" Rafe says tears falling from his eyes. "Let me go please, let me let you go." Rafe looks down his hands shaking.

"I love you Rafe, I really do but this is a one sided relationship" I say walking towards his door. "I do love you I promise!" Rafe chokes out grabbing my hand.  I give him a sad smile knowing he'll never love me the way I love him. "It's okay" I say removing my hand and kissing his cheek one last time.

"Goodbye Rafe" I say walking out his door but not before I get stopped by his sister, Sarah. "Bestie where are you going" please no. I don't think I'll be able to hold it in if I talk to her. "Sarah" I sob and she instantly wraps her arms around me "hey, it's okay. Are you alright?" I wipe my tears and pull away from her nodding my head "yeah." She smiles "come on let's go to my room!" She says but I pull away from her grasp and she turns around furrowing her eyebrows "y/n?"

"I'm sorry Sarah but I can't be here anymore" I choke out knowing this will be the hardest thing I will ever have to do.  I've gotten so close to Rafe's family, it's like I'm apart of their family and Sarah is like my sister.  "What do you mean" Sarah says her eyes starting to get glossy. I hear footsteps and look at the top of the staircase to be met with Rafe's bloodshot eyes looking right at me.

"I'll let Rafe explain." I say and walk out ignoring Sarah's screams for me to come back, it pains me to hear her scream and cry but I can't go back, I'll never look at Rafe the same.

Only love can hurt like this.