Chapter 61: Confessions.

Start from the beginning

"Alright, I'll let you do it alone. I gotta go shower anyway, help me find my clothes."

~

Later on after Tom had left and I had gotten cleaned up a bit, I went to guard Toms room. I was really nervous about telling him, and scared that he might get really angry and decide to try and kill me. He wouldn't do that...I'm overreacting. He's a nice man, he would deal with this respectfully.

I knocked on the door three times, and his smiling face answered it.

"Hello Captain! You look like you're feeling better. Did you enjoy your coffee?" He opened the door wide so I could come in, and I hesitantly went in and sat down in one of the wooden chairs.

"I did...Tom I have to talk to you about something kinda..something kinda-...it sucks." I ran my fingers through my hair nervously and waited for his response.

"Oh okay, what is is Captain?" He sat down in the chair next to me and looked at my probably extremely guilty face.

"Tom...you've been a great friend. A wonderful friend, and I can't thank you enough for being there for me when I needed somebody. It tears me apart to tell you this stuff..." He stiffened a bit and put a hand on my shoulder.

"I am sure that whatever it is, I can cope with it. Just tell me, don't worry about my feelings towards it."
I sighed deeply and stared at the ground, avoiding his eyes.

"My friends and I...we aren't merchants. We aren't even from here. We're from a land far away, where we have similar gods to this land, but they are a tad different."
I paused for a moment to focus my thoughts and remember what I was supposed to say.

"In that land...I follow Ianite. My uh...my boyfriend Syndicate follows Dianite, and my friends Sonja and Tucker follow Mianite. We accidentally ended up here, and we still don't know why but...the gods here aren't quite the same as the ones back on my land. For example...the Mianite here isn't as forgiving as the one I know on my land. One of his lieutenants took my best friend Andor and sent him to the Inertia. But the thing is...he didn't do anything wrong. He just told his father he worshipped Ianite. And his father, under the influence of Mianites orders, sent him away. They...they tortured my friend. They tore off his wings and beat him and hurt him in ways I can't imagine...my friend Steve went to save him and take him away from that horrible torture, but the lieutenant locked him up too...so my friends and I went on a journey to the Inertia to save them. In the process of trying to save my buddy Steve, your best friend found out what we were doing and tried to kill me...and so... " I paused again. I didn't want to tell him, but I had to.

"And so...Syndicate had to kill him. We didn't want to hurt anyone Tom. I promise, it was supposed to be clean and peaceful. We were only defending ourselves. After your friend died...we saved my buddy Steve and then my friend Andor, and we went home. We only came back that one day to retrieve our stuff that was taken from us, and we accidentally ran into you. I'm so sorry...please forgive us. I didn't mean for anyone to be hurt on that mission, our only intention was to save our friends from the torture your leading lieutenant was giving them...Syndicate didn't want to kill your friend, he was only protecting me. I can't apologize enough...I understand if you want to hit me or something like that...I would too. So just go ahead...I won't protest against it." I squinted my eyes and readied my self for a punch in the face or maybe even a knife to the stomach, but got nothing.

"Captain...if you did not mean to...then I guess I should not be angered by this. But I disagree about your feelings towards Mianite, he is a just man and wouldn't hurt a soul that is innocent. I'm sure there was just a misunderstanding somewhere...I suppose I should apologize for my lieutenant hurting your friends...I wasn't aware of anyone being tortured in the prison. We aren't supposed to torture prisoners...no matter what their crimes are. I forgive you and your friends." His voice sounded solemn and blank.

I looked up from my bubble of shame to see his slightly smiling face, his arm wrapped across my shoulder in a forgiving manner.

"Thank you. I hope this doesn't change our friendship, your a really awesome dude Tom."

"You are a swell friend too, Captain. I must go now. I have some things I must mull over alone. I will see you later."
He rose from his seat and exited the room, not giving me a single glance as he left. He was obviously sad, but at least he forgave me.
Everything was going to be okay. He'd still be my friend, and we'd still be for a long time.

I didn't know that what happened the next day, would taint our friendship forever.
~~~~~~~
CLIFFHANGER!
*throws random chair*

You guys hate me don't you? XD
Sorry this chapter was so short, I wanted to drag this out a little longer :3

I kinda missed the stream again today...SO TELL ME DA JUICY DETAILS! I've been so busy I can barely sit down without having to do something :(

Hope you enjoyed this short chapter! Leave a like if you did!
Thanks!

- Lee