Happily Ever After

Final chapter: 3rd Person POV:

Sharice coughs gently as she hands the joint to Mason, who then hands it to Malik. The three stood out in the vineyard around a large tree.

"I can't believe this shit really goin down. Like I know it's real, but," Mason scoffs, "if somebody woulda told me a year ago that Malik would be getting married, I woulda laughed in their face."

Refusing to ruin the tradition of not seeing each other before the wedding, Mason found a way for them to share one last joint together before becoming husband and wife.

Malik takes a pull from the joint before chiming in, "I know what you mean."

"I'm so nervous, yet excited at the same time," Sharice confesses.

"Y'all ready to be stuck with each other forever?" Mason teases.

"Yes!"

•••

An hour later, Malik stands outside the large hall. His mind racing as he takes a few deep breaths. Thankfully the weed helped.

"You got this bruh," Mason says placing his hand on his brother's shoulder, bringing him some calm. He could see the nervousness stirring in Malik's glossy grey eyes.

Today is the day. August 8th. 8-8, two infinity symbols.

The groomsmen and brides make their way down the aisle. The music changes and everyone stands from their seats and quiets down watching and waiting.

Malik, Mason, and the groomsmen on one side, Savanna and the bridesmaids on the other.

Malik tries to focus on Mason telling him to breathe when suddenly Mason stops talking looking forward with astonishment in his eyes. Malik turns to see what's got his brother all choked up, and he sees Sharice and her father, slowly walking down the aisle.

Nothing in this moment can stop the tears from coming down Malik's face. This is the moment he prayed for the night he met this mysterious woman at the gas station that night.

Thankfully Sharice had waterproof makeup done. Savanna and Shannon, Sharice's mother, already knew.

"You got this, Tiny," Andrew whispers in his daughter's ear as they walk together. His little girl wasn't a little girl anymore, but he was more than proud to have Malik as a son-in-law. He knew he'd make sure his Tiny was loved, protected, happy no matter what.

"Thank you, daddy," Sharice whispers back tightening her grip on his forearm.

Wiping her tears, she looked up and saw Malik, wiping his own as he approached them. She let go of her father's arm as he kissed her on the cheek.

Andrew briefly hugs his future son-in-law before Malik leads his soon-to-be wife the rest of the way to the alter. They stand facing mouthing I love yous and grinning anxiously, excited for the choice they were about to make.

The minister, standing in the middle, welcomes the guests and lets the couple begin exchanging their custom vows.

Malik wipes his stormy gray eyes and clears his throat before speaking,
"It was once said that Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. That quote never clicked to me until one night, in a gas station, I locked eyes with the most beautiful woman I'd ever laid eyes on. I never thought I'd be calling myself someone's fiancé or even a husband less than a year later. Even though it's been a short journey, Sharice, you make me understand the love I've witnessed my mother and father share for decades."

He pauses to wipe more tears from his eyes, before continuing. "Sharice, I know that God created you for me. I fully understand why they say, a man who finds a wife finds a good thing. With you, I feel whole and complete. I promise to love, protect and cherish you like the gift you are, for as long as I live. I love you yesterday, today, and tomorrow."

Savanna hands Sharice some tissues to wipe her tears, so she can speak, "Malik, when our eyes locked, you took my breath away. Being with you was and still is the best and easiest decision of my life. You make all my dreams come true. I promise to love you unconditionally without hesitation, empower you to achieve your goals, comfort you when you're low, laugh with you when you're high." They both giggle, and Mason chuckles understanding their inside joke, "I'll always stand by your side, through the good and the not so good. I will keep these vows and give thanks to God every day for this gift. I love you yesterday, today, and tomorrow."

"In the presence of your family and friends, you have joined yourselves in marriage. I declare your marriage is valid and binding and rejoice to recognize you as Mr. and Mrs. Daley. Malik, you may now kiss your bride."

Applause and cheers erupt throughout the room as Malik and Sharice share their first kiss as husband and wife.

•••

"I love you, Sharice Daley," Malik announces as he holds his wife in his arms cuddling in the back of the SUV.

"I love you, Malik, so much." She smiles, tiredly. After a long wedding reception, they were finally able to relax and rest. "Will you tell me where we're going now?"

Malik hadn't disclosed their honeymoon plans. He barely even packed for the two of them, but Sharice knew that meant shopping wherever they went.

He squeezes her tight, "Where would you like to go?" Nipping at her neck waiting for a response.

"Malik, just tell meeee." She whimpers.

"Comme tu le souhaites, ma reine," (As you wish, my queen.) he hands her a guide, for Paris, France.

"Tu m'emmènes à Paris ?" (You're taking me to Paris?) she asks, as tears swell in her eyes. Before he can answer she attacks him with kisses.

She straddles him in the backseat.

"Slow down baby, we're almost to the airstrip."

"I can't wait to fuck my husband."

Malik's heart skips a beat when the word husband escapes her luscious lips.

"And you will." He kisses her once again before continuing, "Paris is just our first stop on our two-week honeymoon, and I hope you're ready for me, wife."

"I'm so ready!"

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Author's Note: This is the end of must be fate, for now. I will be going back through and making some changes and edits, but I hope you enjoyed the story.

Thank you for all the reads, votes, and especially the comments.

I love y'all!!