Changes

I get a call from Mason as I'm exiting the Jet in Las Vegas

"What's up man, I'm stepping off the plane right now," I say answering the phone.

"So I just got my evite, and can I tell you I love it. It's real. You're gonna be a married man." Mason teases.

"Yeah, but this weekend isn't about me. We can talk wedding stuff later. We got time for that." I laugh at my giddy brother.

"It'll be here before you know it."

"Yeah yeah. You're at the Bellagio too right?"

"I won't stay anywhere else."

"You alone?"

"For now. I'm still contemplatin who I want to spend the weekend with me. Really, I'm thinkin about sending a group text and seeing if they'll all come. It is my birthday." He laughs.

"You such a dog, Mase. I'm going to stop by your room before I check on Sharice."

"When did she get here?"

"Earlier today, but she met up with her people out here. I wanna get your opinion on something first. Text me your room number. I'll be there in a little." I tell him hanging up.

I get to the hotel and go straight to Mase's room.

"Who is it?" He yells through the door.

"Room service stupid," I answer.

He opens the door for me and I walk in.

"What you need?" He asks immediately.

I hand him my phone. It's on a site that's been bookmarked for a few weeks. A house in Beverly Hills that I want to buy for Sharice. A home for us.

"Woah! This is dope

"Woah! This is dope. But what about your other house?" He asks.

"You and Soph can have it. It'll still be the family's California home when they visit, but I want something for me and Sharice. Our place together ya know?"

"Have you talked to her about it?" He questions.

"No, that's why I brought it to you. I want you to pick her brain for me, see what she thinks about it. I don't want to jump the gun and do this and make her unhappy. I know her place is important to her, it was her first place on her own, so I don't wanna force this on her. She loves the house I have now, but we're gonna be married and start a family eventually so I want to have a family home."

"Family home, in Beverly Hills? Aight man, I'll drop some hints and see where her head is at on this. But right now, let's take some shots then you go get dressed. We got places to go, people to see!"

My phone starts ringing in my hand. It's Sharice.

"Hey, baby." I pick up.

"Hey, where are you?" She asks.

"I'm with Mase in his room."

"Oh perfect, can you ask him if he's cool with my homegirl goin out with us tonight?"

"Let me see." I take the phone from my ear to ask him. "Her friend Savanna wants to come out with us tonight. Are you cool with that?"

"What she look like?" Mason asks taking a shot.

"That don't matter, you'll be drunk anyway." I laugh.

He rolls his eyes, "Fuck it, I'll only turn 30 once." He says, taking another.

"Yeah, she can come. Can you text me our room number so I can have my stuff brought up? I left it with the concierge." I know if she would've told me the number over the phone, I'd forget.

"Okay babe, see you soon."

We hang up. I turn to Mason who's holding out a shot for me.

"If you fuck her friend, please don't dog her, at least let her know you only want to fuck, if y'all get to that. I don't need that mess coming back to me." I warn him.

"Okay, now take the damn shot."