Its not safe.

Once I was released from the hospital, I was taken to Malik's parents' home where I could have around-the-clock care

Malik said he didn't trust I would be safe at his apartment if someone could just break in like that.

I felt horrible for making him miss his meeting as well as his birthday, but he didn't let me apologize. He said the fault was his own.

He's barely left my room, and the few times he does, his mother, Helen comes to take his place.

She's been a Godsend. She comes in and kicks the men out to give me space to breathe. She brushes my hair and puts aloe on my wounds to help the healing.

She doesn't bombard me with 'are you okays' like everyone else. She said she's here whenever I do want to talk. She shared with me that she's suffered miscarriages as well and that it's okay to grieve.

I don't feel like I'm grieving, I don't feel anything, just numbness.

Malik is so quiet around me, I feel like something's off, but maybe he's grieving. He doesn't look me in the eyes, and I'm afraid he blames me for the loss of our child.

I just want to recover and go back home.

My home.

It's been 3 weeks, and I can finally walk without pain. My ribs feel better, and the bruises are finally fading.

Being bedridden, I became more active on social media. I'm still not posting as much, but I did take my pages off private and let the thousands of people who requested to follow me in. The hype died down from the gossip blogs but then the tech blogs started reaching out to feature me after Tim published my and Malik's interview.

Mason being mason, he snuck me my laptop so I can get some work done even while on bed rest.

Malik comes in and looks at me with surprised eyes, "What are you working on?" He asks, stretching out at the foot of the bed.

"Work," I respond.

"You should be resting," he advises

"I have been resting, I'm still resting." I sigh, "I'm just looking into some things."

"What kinds of things?"

"Errors. There are so many. Just from fixing some of these paper errors, your profit margin is much higher than you thought. Also, a lot of your employees' credentials are past due."

"Sharice? Are you serious right now?" He looks at me straight-faced.

"Yes, it's fixable, but I'll need to go into the office next week. I need to look at some of the physical files to match them with what's on the servers." I tell him removing my glasses.

"Sharice," he huffs," I don't think that's a good idea yet."

"Why not Malik? I'll take it easy and stay in my office."

"I just don't think it's safe."

"Safe... from who?" There's some tiny he's not telling me, "Malik, what's going on?"

"Someone purposely hurt you, Sharice."