Disrespectful.

As I walk to the bathroom on the senior executive floor, I feel uneasy

As I walk to the bathroom on the senior executive floor, I feel uneasy. My nerves have been shot all day. I'd grabbed the key from the receptionist who'd been mean-mugging me since I arrived this morning. I don't know what her problem is, but I'm not going to stress it, I've already got enough of my plate.

After using the restroom, I wash my hands then look myself over in the mirror. I hope no one can see my uncertainty in my face. Just like Malik's father Malakai told me, I'd have my work cut out for me.

As I take off my glasses, to rub my eyes, I hear a knock on the door.

I open the door and see it's Malik, "Tout va bien ?" (Everything okay?) he steps into the women's restroom with me.

"Mm-hm." I nod turning to walk out.

He grabs me by my waist and spins me around to face him. Minty breath fanning my face as he leans into me.

"Malik," I sigh.

"Yes," he grips my hips picking me up.

"We had an agreement..." I remind him.

Nothing inappropriate while at work. I didn't need people getting the wrong idea about me.

"I know but you're so fuckin sexy in here telling people what to do. I love the power that radiates from you when you're working." He tells me giving my ass a tight squeeze.

"You're one to talk..." he cuts me off by him crashing his lips on mine. I can't help but kiss him back.

His hands begin to explore as he places me against the door kissing on my neck.

Someone tries to open the door and we stop.

"Dammit." He curses under his breath gently letting me down to catch my balance.

We adjust ourselves in the mirror. As I'm fixing my ponytail Malik opens the door to let in our intruder. The receptionist.

"Je vais te voir.." (I'll be seeing you..) he winks before letting her pass and walking out.

"Oui, tu vas le faire" (yes you will.) I say in a deep sigh.

"So that's why you're here?" The receptionist says as if this is her 'Aha' moment.

I turn around and look her in the face. She'd be such a pretty woman if she wasn't spending so much of her time scowling at me. She stood maybe 5'7 in flats to which was almost my height in heels. Her tanned brown complexion a few shades shy of Mason's. Her very slender figure makes her look like a model. Her hair, styled in a blunt-cut bob. The girl is fine.

"I'm sorry?" I ask her to repeat her previous statement.

"Bitch, don't act like you didn't hear me." She sneered. "So you fuckin Malik? Is that what you did to get a job here?" She says getting loud.

Becoming highly annoyed with her, I respond."You probably don't know who I am, yet, but what you gon do is stop disrespecting me. I'm here because I am good, no better yet, great at what I do. Don't ever get confused, you'd better ask about me!" I told her stepping closer.

She stands quietly. All that bad attitude went out the window.

I speak lower "I don't know what you're issue is with me, but if you got a problem with me being here, take it up with Malik, but don't ever come at me like that when you nothing about me, you better act your wage before you lose your job." I eye her in disgust and walk out.

So much for a great first day.