Time to let go

6 months earlier:

6 months earlier:

"Yeah mom, I'll be there I'm just going to make a quick stop," I told her over the phone as I hurry across the campus.

It was a sunny but chilly October day. I was wearing a long-sleeved black skater dress with thigh-high black leather boots, finished off with a long burgundy scarf.

"Okay, dinner will be ready at 7. Love you." She tells me.

"Love you too," I said before hanging up.

I walk into the computer building headed to Professor Douglas' office.

The old buildings hadn't changed much since I graduated a few years before.

As I approach the door I hear laughing inside. It's locked so I take out my key and unlock the door.

I walk in and see a girl with short jet black hair sitting on top of the professor's desk with him seated in his chair between her legs.

He jumps up and they look at me with shock on their faces.

"What's going on Henry?" I ask my boyfriend, the professor.

"Sharice, what are you doing here?"

The girl rolled her eyes at me as she climbs off the desk and adjusts herself.

"I'll see you later Professor." She says brushing by me as she walks out.

I felt the heat of my anger.

"What the hell was that?" I ask pointing toward the girl's direction.

"I'm working. Why are you showing up unannounced?" He questions me.

"Why was she sitting on your desk with her tits in your face and you sitting between her legs. Y'all got the door closed and locked?" I get louder.

"It's not even like that," he warns closing the door so no one could hear the argument "She is one of my students, Sharice."

"And I was too, so what's that mean?" I yell.

I was his student when he began his flirtatious ways with me. He pounced once I graduated.

He approached me with anger in his eyes backing me into his desk. "Look, I'm not about to do this with you. You're making a big deal out of nothing." He says gruffly.

"Henry, you're not going to keep doing this to me, I know what I saw. This ain't the first time you been caught up like this!" Voice uneven as tears threaten to leave my eyes.

He presses me further on top of the desk, standing between my legs he reaches up and puts one hand to my throat with a slight squeeze while the other hand grazes my inner thigh. A tear slips down my cheek.

Leaning into me he bit my earlobe. "Sharice, stop making me angry with you all the time. Why can't we just be good for once?"

I didn't respond.

He begins to rub my panties, then tries to force his fingers into my underwear while squeezing my neck tighter.

"Please don't," I whisper and tighten my legs together while he's choking me.

"Baby, don't be like that." He says tightening his hold, kissing the tears on my cheek.

"Let go of me Henry, I don't want to do this with you anymore," I confess to him, tears now pouring down my face.

He lets me go and steps back.

"Sharice, you're acting really crazy babe. Why are you crying? You need attention that bad? " He laughs adjusting himself.

I don't know who this man is anymore.

He runs his hand through his hair. "Go home. I need to finish my work."

I quickly wiped my tears away angry at myself for being so weak. "Okay," I said softly.

Goodbye Henry.