I have an idea.

"Marry me, Sharice

"Marry me, Sharice."

"What?" I think I misunderstood him.

He gets down on one knee next to the bed, "Will you marry me?"

"Malik, I... are you sure?"

"Sharice, I knew I loved you the day I laid eyes on you. I don't want to let another day go by without knowing that you'll be mine forever." He pulls a box from his pocket. "Sharice Isabel Freyling, will you make me the happiest man on earth by becoming my wife?" He opens the box to an emerald-cut diamond engagement ring.

"Malik, yes!" I jump from the bed wrapping my arms around him. A feel a little soreness but that won't stop this moment. More tears pour down my face, but these are happy tears. He picks me up and holds me close.

He places me back on the bed and puts the ring on my finger. It fits perfectly. "It fits," I admire the rock on my finger, "How did you know my size?"

"I checked your finger in your sleep a month ago." He confesses

"A month ago?"

"I planned to propose for my birthday."

"Oh, baby? Why would you propose for your birthday?"

"It would've been my gift." He smiles at me. I haven't seen that smile in so long.

"What if I said no?" I raise my brow.

"Then I would have made love to you until you told me yes." He laughs.

"I would never say no," I say wiping my stray tears. I look at my ring. "This is beautiful Malik. How mu-"

"Don't even ask." He stops me, "Just enjoy it."

It must have cost a fortune.

"So what happens now, with Mariah?" I ask, hating to ruin the moment, "I don't want you to feel like you have to look out for me all the time."

"The detective's going to put a case together and arrest her when they feel like they have a solid case." He informed me, "We have her in my penthouse, so she definitely trespassed, but the housekeeper she took the key from is gone. She pushed you but could lie and say that was an accident, but she didn't stay to help or call 911." Malik ran through all the scenarios aloud pacing the room.

"What if you got her to confess?" I ask, interrupting his outer dialogue with himself.

"Why would she do that?" He asks puzzled.

"I have an idea."