No mistakes.

"What's up Pop?" I say sitting down

"Thomas called me." He reveals.

"Is he coming tomorrow?" I ask knowing he should be at the conference in the morning.

"Yes, of course." He assures me. "He wanted to give me the heads up that Mariah's asking about you."

"Why?" I sigh deeply.

"I'm sure you know your relationship is on these damn blog things. I hate this social media shit. You can't do anything without someone snapping pictures, posting about it, trying to be viral." He says in disgust pouring two glasses of whiskey and handing me one.

"I know. Sharice showed me."

"Malik, she's still very young. Do you see yourself with her in a year, hell, five years?" He takes a swig of his drink.

I take a sip of my drink before answering.
"Pop, I want to marry this girl. Nothing else in this world matters to me more than her. I've never felt this way before, I feel like I'm missing a piece of myself when she's not around. I will do whatever it takes to make sure she's happy." I declare meaning every word.

"Well son, sounds like you're sure. I believe you've made a superb choice. She's a very beautiful girl, good head on her shoulders, and she seems to feel the same about you. I'm happy you've found the one." He takes another sip. "When I met your mother, I knew she was the one. It was love at first sight. She was my secretary so she dissed the hell outta me. I wasn't used to that. But I had to show her, I wasn't just tryna play games, I wanted to show her she was the one. I was your brother's age when we met."

"How'd you get her?"

"She finally let me take her on a date. That night I told her I'd be leaving the company soon to start my own firm. I told her I was gonna marry her and start an empire. She believed in me and that was all I needed. It set the fire in me."

"On the first date huh?" I ask chuckling.

"Fate makes no mistakes son. Look at where we are now because she believed in me"

There's a knock at the door then Mason walks in.

"Hey. Maa said to tell you guys come on."