Change my mind.

The last weeks at my old company flew by

The last weeks at my old company flew by. On my days off, Malik had flown me up north on a private jet so I could take the threat challenges offered by the social media company, and it was well worth it. They even tried to offer me a full-time position. I declined but told them to keep me on their list for contracts when needed.

On my final day, Jonathan threw a small farewell party and as my parting gift, he gave me an opened ended contract to continue helping with the training of my replacement until she learns the ropes.
I made sure to hire another black woman. I'm glad I could use my pull to put someone else like me in a great position.

As I finish cleaning out my office and take my things out to my car I get a text from Malik.

Wanna do something
fun 2night.

🤔 I love fun?

My boy invited me to a 🏀 game, you down?

I'm down. Meet at your place?

Nope. Here. (Location)
6:30 pack a bag.

The address is to a hotel downtown near the sports arena. I check the time and see that I need to get going. My GPS says it'll take me an hour to get there from my house.

I say my last farewells to Jonathan and the team and leave. Driving away from the building feels bittersweet. My first job since moving here, my stepping stone.

I'm so happy to be starting my dream career next week, but for now, It's the weekend, so I push that thought out of my mind and turn on some music to drive to.

I get home and go look for something to wear. I take out a pair of blue jeans and a black off-the-shoulder tunic sweater to wear with my black designer combat boots. I match it with a crossbody purse.

I take a quick shower and shave. I pull my hair into a low bun then reapply some light makeup for a natural look.

As I'm examining myself in the full-length mirror, I remember that Malik said pack an overnight bag, so I grab my duffel and go retrieve my bathroom essentials. In my closet, I grab some undergarments and a navy blue sweatsuit with some white tennis shoes. Nikes. I grab two dresses and a pair of heels in case we go somewhere that requires dressing up.

I make it to the hotel with minutes to spare. Traffic wasn't as bad as expected, surprisingly, even with the basketball game going on.

As I phone Malik to tell him I'm here, I'm hoping I didn't forget anything important while rushing myself. He tells me to valet my car and meet him in the lobby. I get out with my bag and purse and give the keys to the gentleman waiting at the entrance.

As I enter the lobby, Malik emerges from the elevator looking good enough to eat.
He hugs me and I nearly lose myself in his intoxicating smell.