Jealousy.

"What the fuck was that Mason?"

I interrogate my brother, "What you tryna do bruh?" my southern accent coming out in my anger.

"Mal, I'm just tryna look out for you, bruh." He looks at me intently and takes a sip of his drink.

"Look out for me how?" I ask, feeling guilty for even agreeing to dinner. "By runnin the girl away?"

"Man, she too young for you anyway. You can't do nothin with her. She got you sprung already." He scoffs.

"What you mean by that?" I grumble. "That's what this is about?"

"I'm just sayin Malik. We both know she would've been with me if I went inside the gas station instead of you." he shrugs.

I fold my arms and shake my head. I don't even think Mason would've had the balls to approach her. She's nowhere near his type anyway. This is just some brother jealousy thing, I'm sure of it.

Sharice comes back to the table and sits down.

"Heeeyyy." Mason greets her sarcastically. "Look who came back."

"Mason," she starts. "I don't know what your issue is with me, but you don't know me. And I don't even want to get to know you.."

This is won't be good.

"I don't know what you think my intentions are with Malik, but he's an amazing man and we were having a great time together. Now I'm disappointed because I was so excited for dinner after he spoke so highly of you last night at dinner." Mason's smile fades as she stands from the table.

"I'll cash app you for my part of dinner. You guys enjoy your night," she says walking away.

Dumb ass Mason