Hurt feelings.

"Sharice, wait

"Sharice, wait."

Malik calls my name as I'm exiting the restaurant.

I don't have to deal with this shit.

I continue walking to the parking lot as he chases behind me trying to get me to stop.

"Sharice.."

"What Malik!" I yell at him finally turning around.

"Please, don't leave like this." He begs.

"I wanna go home," I tell him fighting back tears. My feelings are hurt.

"Let me take you. I don't want you in the car with some random stranger when I'm right here."

"You're a random stranger, Malik." I fold my arms and shift my stance.

"Sharice.. you don't mean that." He says sounding defeated.

He's right. I don't mean it but I'm angry and I'm hurt. I sigh and unfold my arms. "Fine, take me home."

"You wanna drive? You know where you live better than anybody." He tells me holding out the keys to his car.

I try to snatch them and he lifts them higher where I can't reach them. Teasing me. I grab his manhood and he hunches over in pain. "Shit!" he grumbles.

I take the keys and go get in the car.

"I don't like your brother, he's an asshole," I tell Malik as he climbs in the passenger seat.

"You aren't wrong." he laughs displaying the sparkling smile buckling his seatbelt.

"I wish you would've warned me," I tell him pushing the start button as the engine roars to life.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know he'd be jealous." He admits.

"Jealous?" I repeat.

Malik sighs heavily before he speaks," he believes that if he would've gone inside to pay like he was supposed to, you would've talked to him instead."

"You believe that?." I throw my head back in laughter.

"Not at all." He says leaning his seat back to get comfortable.

I open my phone to route myself home. It shows me that it will take a little over half an hour. I connect my music to the car's Bluetooth and open the panoramic roof to let the beach air creep into the car before pulling out of the parking lot.

"You've got a way with words, you take away the hurt."

Alina Baraz begins to play through the speakers as I drive up the coast.

I arrive at the security gate to my community much sooner than expected.

Of course, I took advantage of the car's speed a few times.

I greet the guard at the security booth and pull into the community stopping next to where I parked my Lexus last night.

I tell Malik to follow behind my car as he's getting into the driver's seat.

When we get to my house, he pulls into the driveway behind me, as I pull my car into the garage. He gets out of his car and retrieves my duffel bag from the trunk.

"Come in," I tell him.

He follows me into the house.

"Alexa, I'm home,"

We walk upstairs and I walk into my bedroom and sit my bag on the floor next to the closet door. He walks into my room looking around.

"I know it's not as big and beautiful as your home, but this is it," I say plopping down on my bed and taking off my heels.

"This is nice," He tells me.

I pick up my stash case and hand it to him to roll us up a joint while I begin to unpack the bag I brought home. I go into my bathroom to wash the makeup off my face and change into a gray lounge shorts set.

"Are you hungry?" I ask Malik, remembering that we didn't eat. "Since I kinda ruined dinner."

"You didn't ruin a thing. You wanna order something?"

"I'm gonna cook," I tell him running my hand over my ponytail.

"Really?" He sounds surprised setting the rolled joint down on the nightstand.

"Yeah, kick off your shoes, stay awhile" I wink at him.

"Don't tempt me." He teases.

"Another sleepover then?"