Even.

I sit in my car parked inside the security gate waiting for the driver Malik sent to pick me up

I sit in my car parked inside the security gate waiting for the driver Malik sent to pick me up. I let security know I'd be leaving my car here and I was expecting someone to pick me up.

I see a black SUV pull up and the guard waves me over once he identifies him. I get out of my car set the alarm before walking over.

The driver gets out and helps me into the back seat. I check my phone and it's 7 on the dot.

As I'm sitting in the back seat, not sure where we're headed and I decide to text one of my friends who also happens to be my neighbor, Jade.
Her husband is a police chief so when I met them, I knew our neighborhood would be extremely safe.

I laugh to myself as I write my text.

Hey, going on a date.
Sending you my location so you know where to find the body
lol
Wish me luck 🤞🏽

Grl, don't joke like that,
but have fun.
Good luck 🍀

Making small talk with the driver, a man named Arlo, I lose track of time, before I know it, it's a quarter til 8.

We arrive downtown and stop in front of a huge building with a revolving door. I look at Arlo for some sort of confirmation of where we are.

As I turn my head back to the building, Malik emerges from the door looking even better than when we met less than 24 hours ago. He's wearing a charcoal gray suit with a white dress shirt and a powder pink tie.

Arlo opens his door to get out so he can open the door, but Malik gestures to him that it's okay, and lets himself in the back seat with me.

"Hey beautiful," he greets me while settling in. As we drive away he checks his watch, "Sorry I took so long."

"Hey, handsome," I reply smoothly. "We haven't been here long"

"Oh, I guess you live farther than I expected" he stated sounding surprised.

"There was some traffic" I inform him.

"Well, with such a long trip, I have to make sure tonight is worth it." He tells me with a smirk.

We arrive at another tall building which happens to have a restaurant at the top. It's one of the tallest buildings downtown.

We had the choice to eat in the main restaurant or the lounge, so we opted for the lounge which was a little more intimate.