Big Decisions.

Malik helps me clean out my fridge since everything had gone bad in my absence

Malik helps me clean out my fridge since everything had gone bad in my absence. He felt so bad but I had to admit that it happens often because I'll buy groceries, and not cook, choosing to buy take-out instead.

I take all my mail and packages into my home office.

"What is all that?" Malik asks pointing at the boxes.

"Honestly, I don't know. I buy stuff then forget about it until it gets delivered." I laugh, taking a seat at my desk and opening my mail.

Malik takes out his laptop and sits it on my desk across from me.

"Can you do me a favor?" I ask him grabbing a sticky note and writing down the combination to my safe.

"Anything you need." He confirms, standing up.

"Can you go grab the blue pouch from my safe?" I hand him the note.

"You have a safe?" He sounds surprised.

"Yeah, in my closet,"

He walks out and I continue opening my mail. A few checks that need to be deposited, some invoices, and bills that were already paid.

He comes back in and hands me the pouch.

"Thank you"

"Can we...talk about something?" Malik asks, with a serious face.

"Anything"

"I think it's time we talk about what happens after we get married. I love you, and I want to make sure you're secure." He says.

I get butterflies every time he expresses love, "I am secure babe," I reassure him.

"I'm going to schedule a meeting with my advisors so we can add your name to my accounts, and important documents." He says looking at his screen.

"Malik, are you sure? This is not something small."

He looks me in the eyes, "I am. You're going to be my wife, and what's mine is yours."

I'm at a loss for words as I feel a tear roll down my cheek. I never thought about that part of marriage.

I wipe my face before I laugh at myself for being so sappy. "Well, how about I call my people, you call your people and we'll all sit down and figure everything out together."

"That sounds great. When would you like to have the wedding? Have you decided?" He asks with a smile playing on his full lips.

"I have, actually."