Happy

"You heard me," I state as I plop down on the bed

The rooms not spinning anymore.

"Do you LOVE me?" I repeat quietly.

"Sharice..." he starts. "you should lay down." He changes the subject.

"You said I'd never have to wonder how you feel about me, but I just..."

"Don't," he pauses. "I'm gonna go shower." He says leaving the room.

No man, other than my father, has ever told me they loved me. Henry wouldn't say it, and I think that's why I was so damaged after him because I loved him so much, or at least I thought I did.

Being with Malik, I feel something I've never felt before. It puts my feelings for Henry to shame.

Seeing Henry today hurt me because now I feel like I hurt him. I don't want to hurt Malik. I just want to know what he feels for me. He's been such a great man from the start, but what does his love look like?

"Sharice." Malik interrupts my thoughts. I didn't hear him come back into the room.

"Hmm?" I answer him.

He doesn't respond so I look up and see he has a serious look on his face. I hope he's not angry.

"I do... love you."

My eyes become blurred with tears.

"Don't say it if you don't mean it." I use his own words against him.

"I love you Sharice." He says approaching the bed.

"I love you too Malik." I grab him and he falls on top of me. I begin to sob uncontrollably.

"Why are you crying?" He asks me trying to console me.

"Because you make me so happy."

"And I'm happy with you too." He kisses me on the head and I lay there in his arms never wanting to leave.

" Huh?" I ask her knowing I heard what she said

"You heard me." She says sitting down on the bed never breaking eye contact. "Do you love me?" She asks quieter.

"Sharice..." I stammer. "you should lay down." I try to redirect the conversation.

"You said I'd never have to wonder how you feel about me, but I just..."
She grows quiet mid-sentence.

"Don't. I'm gonna go shower." I tell her walking away into the bathroom.

Why did she have to ask that? It's not like I don't love her. I do. I've loved her longer than I care to admit. But that sh*t today with her ex. What if I tell her the truth and she runs back to him.

Maybe I do need to tell her how I feel. She asked me so she obviously wants to know.

I quietly walk back into the room. She's still sitting on the bed but she's looking at her hands. "Sharice."

"Hmm?" She answers me not looking up.

I stare at her for a second, and she finally looks up at me.

"I do... love you." I release a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Don't say it if you don't mean it." She repeats what I told her the night she said she was mine.

"I love you Sharice, "I tell her again, walking to the bed and leaning into her.

"I love you too Malik." She grabs me before I can catch my balance, I fall on top of her. She begins to cry. It's so cute.

"Why are you crying?" I ask trying to hold her rubbing circles in her back.

"Because you make me so happy," she admits.

"And I'm happy with you too." I plant a kiss on top of her head and hold her tight in my arms.

This is where she belongs.