Chapter 56: Please Don't Let It Be True

Tasha P.O.V
I sat on the toilet with my eyes closed and nervously shaking my legs as I waited for the test to show me my results. After a few seconds, I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. I was pregnant! I immediately felt sad but I didn't cry. I couldn't. Part of this was my fault. I should've told Marcus no the first time we had sex but instead I kept chasing him. The dick was too good to stop but now I wish we could've or at least worn a condom at all times.
I wanted to see his reaction. "Okay, I'm finished!" I yelled. I started walking from the bathroom to the bedroom when I heard a sound coming from downstairs. It sounded like footsteps.
My heart started beating fast. I sprinted quietly to the room.
"Finally. You were taking forever in that bathroom. What did it say?"
"Shhh. I think someone is in the house." I whispered.
"What?!"
"I heard footsteps. Can you go check?"
"Tasha, there's no one here. I locked the door when I came in."
"I'm telling you, Marcus! There is someone here. Please go check."
"Okay fine but stay here." He grabbed his baseball bat from the closet then started to walk downstairs.
I would not forgive myself if something happened to him. My baby needed it's father and I needed a man to help me take care of it." I decided to go downstairs with him.