Chapter 37: Too Many Distractions

Destiny P.O.V
Justin and I were back in my office again but this time I was sitting in front of the computer with an empty Excel sheet staring at me. He was explaining to me what I need to do with it but whole time, my mind was on what just happened.
I knew people got frustrated when they can't find something but there was no way he slammed his desk because of that. The noise was so loud that it scared me. I glanced over at his hand on his desk and noticed that it was slightly red. He pretended to look focused but I could tell that whatever it was, it was still heavy on his mind.
"Justin, are you sure you're okay?"
He paused then said, "yes, I am. Thank you."
I could hear the sadness in his voice.
Come here. I opened my arms and gave him the tightest hug and he immediately started crying.
I've never seen him get so vulnerable like this before. I held him and we remained silent without saying a word.
Then he finally told me everything. About how he met Tasha and that he felt like he's been neglecting her lately.
I felt heartbroken knowing that he had a girlfriend. They were together for so long that he probably won't break up with her to be with me. I mean why would he? I chose Chris over him when we were kids. I wish I could've given him a chance. I would've been living the life that Tasha had.
I wanted to be with him but I also didn't want to see him hurt. If Tasha made him happy, that's all that matters, I just wanted him to be happy.
"Thanks for sharing that with me. I think you should tell her how you feel then try to take time out of work to be more present for her."

He listened then said, "thanks. You're right, I will do that."
"You should right now. Go home and surprise her. I'll stay here and take care of this for you. That's what I'm here to do as your Assistant." I smiled.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, I'm sure! Now get out of here!" I motioned for him to go and he ran out of my office excitedly.

I watched as he went through the office door and to his car.