Chapter 36: Extra, Extra Read All About It

Justin
I'm glad Destiny liked the place. It wasn't a big company but I still tried to make it look presentable and attractive.
I walked into my office to retrieve the files I needed her to help me with. It wasn't difficult stuff. I just needed her to input the clients information into an excel spreadsheet then put old case papers into folders and mark them as done. I didn't want to overwhelm her on her first day so I gave her a light workload.

I was frantically searching for them in my drawer when I looked up and saw the picture of me and Tasha in our Christmas sweaters on my desk. I smiled. I thought about how lonely she must be at home right now. I hated that we didn't get to spend a lot of time together anymore. Work had me so busy that I was too tired to make love to her anymore. I felt ashamed. She doesn't deserve this. I hated myself for the way I treated her. I closed my eyes and slammed it on my desk angrily.

That's when Destiny walked in. "Justin, are you ok?"
I opened my eyes. "Uh, yeah. Just upset that I can't find those files."
I got up and started to walk out my room to go look for them in another room when I saw them on my bookshelf. "Here they are. Come, let's sit down and I'll show you what I need you to do."
I led her into her office again.