Chapter 45: A Surprise Visit

Tasha P.O.V
Justin and I were in a better place in our relationship. We spent more time together and the sex was great. It wasn't as good as it was with Marcus but he still satisfied me.
We had lunch dates everyday at different restaurants around town. I wanted to get Mexican food today but grew disappointed when I saw Justin's text asking me to come to his office for lunch. I'd been craving Mexican food for a few days now and no, I wasn't pregnant. We were trying but have not been successful yet. I kept telling him it's because he was stressed with work. He said he wasn't but there has to be a reason why we weren't conceiving.
My doctor told me I was fine so it had to be him. She also said to keep trying and if not, there were several alternatives we could look into.
I didn't like the fact that Justin and I couldn't get pregnant. He was the man I wanted to be with for the rest of my life so it hurt me that we had been trying for weeks and all my pregnancy tests came back negative.
I tried not to think about it but whenever I laid down to sleep at night, it was the only thing on my mind.
I told him how I felt and he reassured me that everything was gonna be okay and I believed him.

—-
On my way to his office, I picked up two cheese burgers from Burger King with two small Sprite. There weren't any good food places near his job so I figured fast food would do the trick today. I couldn't wait to see him. I knew it had only been a few hours since he left home but I missed him. I barged into his office and shouted, "Hey baby!" But it was Marcus. Not again. I thought.
This was the first time I saw him since he ran out of my house a few months ago. I've been ignoring him since then because I was in a happy place with my man and didn't want to jeopardize that.
"Hey Tasha." He smiled.
"Where is Marcus?"
He shrugged his shoulders. "Oh, I just remembered he went into his Assistant's office to help her with something."
Her?!! He told me he hired an Assistant months ago but he didn't say it was a woman.
"Would you like to wait here with me till he gets back?"
"No! Where is her office?"
Before he could respond, I stormed off and tried to find it myself.
I found a room two doors away from his. The door was slightly cracked. I walked in and immediately dropped the burgers and drinks on the floor.