Chapter 6: You are Going Down, Buddy

Mrs. Rose's P.O.V
I've never been a strong sleeper. Since I was a little girl, I always woke up at the slightest sound that I heard so when the thief came into my house that night, I was wide awake but pretending to sleep. My dog, Penelope also started barking which also helped me realize that someone was on my property.

Thieves always think they can steal and get away with it but I like to teach them a lesson so instead of getting up to retrieve my shotgun from my closet, I laid in bed and listened for the intruder to enter my room and take my jewelry. I heard him tiptoeing in the dark and pick the lock on my jewelry box. I laughed in my head as he opened it. Little did he know that I had cameras hidden at the side of my house that captured his face and my jewelry was fake! I may be 80 years old but I'm not stupid. My real jewelry is hidden in a safe locked up in my basement.

After he left, I went to the basement and replayed the camera scenes. I recognized the face instantly. That's Marcus, Jane and Michael's son. I wasn't surprised because he was always a mischievous child. His schools constantly called his parents because he was fighting kids or being rude to teachers. Tonight, he would learn his lesson. I went upstairs to my phone and called the police. I pretended to cry and said, "hello, I was just robbed! Please come quick! Help, I'm an old woman who lives alone! They stole my precious jewelry!" "Ma'am calm down what's your address? I'll send someone over now." I gave her my address then hung up the phone and started smiling. Guess my acting classes in college paid off. I found Penelope in the kitchen chewing on a bone. He gave her food no wonder she didn't attack him. I turned on my kettle to make some tea and sat at the table until the police arrived.