Chapter 31: When Old Feelings Resurface

Justin
I texted Destiny the location of the restaurant then left my office so I would be on time for our reservation. We were getting Thai food.
I wonder what she looks like now? Is she still dating Chris what if she's pregnant? All these thoughts floated around in my mind while driving.
I felt nervous but that's normal when you're gonna be face to face with your crush. I remember being so shy to approach her when we were kids and now I was seconds away from having lunch with her. I was so mad at her for what happened in middle school that I erased her from my mind when my family and I moved to Colorado.

When I transferred schools, I was on a mission to do one thing: find a new crush. I saw Tasha walking in the hallway of our high school one day and immediately fell in love. My wingman, Marcus wasn't there to hype me up to go talk to her anymore but I remembered what happened the last time I took too long to confess my feelings for a girl so I said Fuck it and decided to go up to her and work my charm the way I saw men did in movies. Paul also gave me some tips that he used to get my mother's attention.
I did everything I learned and the rest was history. Tasha and I were inseparable ever since.

I finally arrived at the Thai restaurant and walked in. "Hi, my name is Justin Stevens. I called and made a reservation for two earlier." "Yes. Follow me." The waiter said. "Here is your table." There was a small candle in the middle with a rose next to it. I sat down and waited for Destiny to arrive. Ten minutes had gone by since I arrived but she still hadn't showed up ; I was just about to text her when the bell on the front door opened. I looked up and saw a woman in a red dress that wasn't too tight but it still showed off her curvy figure. Her hair was wrapped in a bun and she wore red lip stick. Her black heels matched her purse. I felt it in my gut that she was Destiny. I saw the same waiter bringing her over to my table.

"Destiny?!!" I shouted
"Omg! Hi! It's so good to see you! You look great! She shouted back while opening her arms for a hug.
"Thank you, it's good to see you too. You look amazing!" We smiled.
"Thank you."
We sat down and opened our menus.
"So I can't express how happy I am to have someone be my assistant. Things have been so crazy at the office."

"I'm excited to join"

For a moment, we smiled and stared into each other's eyes before I broke the silence.

"Um, so here is the file with the job description and salary rate." I said while retrieving a folder from my bag.