Chapter 50: Tasha, Where Are You?

Marcus P.O.V
"So did you hear from Tasha?" I was standing in Justin's office again. He called me and said he needed my help but he didn't provide an explanation.
"No, that's why I need your help. I'm gonna print some flyers and start posting them around town."
"Flyers?! Wait, what? How are you so sure she's missing?" If the police find her at my house, I could go to jail again and I did NOT want that to happen. I played calm but deep down, I was having a mini panic attack.
"It's been two weeks, man! She would never go away for this long it's unlike her."
I didn't say anything.
He printed out a bunch of flyers and handed them to me. "Here, please start posting these outside."
He went to Destiny's office with another stack in his hand. "Hey Destiny, can you please help Marcus with these?"
"Sure."

---
Destiny and I walked out the front door with stacks of flyers in our hands. There is no way we could post these; I had to get rid of them but I couldn't do it with Destiny standing right next to me. It would be too obvious; the only way I could get rid of them was to come back in the middle of the night.

"Hey Marcus, can I tell you something?"

"Yeah, sure what's up?"

"I've been feeling so embarrassed since that day Tasha walked in and saw me and Justin kissing. I don't think I want to work here anymore." she looked very sad.

"What? I thought you have feelings for Justin."

"I do but after I saw Tasha's reaction, it brought back memories about how I reacted when I found out Chris was cheating on me. I didn't want to put another woman through that hurt."

I didn't want Destiny to leave her job because it was her only source of income right now but at the same time, her leaving would mean Justin would be close to losing everything. His assistant and his future wife. It was genius!

I turned to her and said, "I understand. Do what's best for you. You will find another job, you are very talented."